Colocation Number 3 Build Out Pictures (Cab 2)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Stanza

Jan 11, 2014
I am also interested to know why a colo server would need GPU's ?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010

Typical applications: VDI, GPU compute and etc.

For us, it is simply there as a temporary box while we test. The new facility is more about getting higher power and faster networking than we had previously for testing these higher-end boxes.

Stanza

Jan 11, 2014

For us, it is simply there as a temporary box while we test. The new facility is more about getting higher power and faster networking than we had previously for testing these higher-end boxes.

ahhh ok sweet, thanks

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
Patrick is lying to you! As anyone who's ever seen a movie about computers would know, the 733tness of your computer is directly proportional to the number of monitors it has attached and how many distracting animations you can sustain on them. It's a little known fact but the TOP500 supercomputer list isn't just so called because they're the most powerful supercomputers but also because they all have at least 500 monitors (TOP actually stands for Televisual Over-Provisioning). Patrick's clearly building a Gibson, I wonder what sort of dastardly plan he's cooking up...

Diavuno

Patrick is lying to you! As anyone who's ever seen a movie about computers would know, the 733tness of your computer is directly proportional to the number of monitors it has attached and how many distracting animations you can sustain on them. It's a little known fact but the TOP500 supercomputer list isn't just so called because they're the most powerful supercomputers but also because they all have at least 500 monitors (TOP actually stands for Televisual Over-Provisioning). Patrick's clearly building a Gibson, I wonder what sort of dastardly plan he's cooking up...
Patrick is just building up a super computer to hack into my systems so he can legally steal my 1337 vehicle!

It's okay Patrick, I know how envious you are...

Twin turbo's all wheel drive big Pirelli's and come on... who CAN'T be jelly of air conditioned seats. By the way how hot is it in your area?

William

May 7, 2015
Its hard to believe I started running that machine at the home Lab... so much noise...

Reactions: thpap

William

May 7, 2015
No thank you. Its been hot and heavy here with all these machines running and I misplaced the total RAM amount :)