Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kristian

Jun 1, 2013
Does it scan straight to an SMTP server or a SMB/CIFS share? Or is a computer/mobile device/cloud service required?
A Computer (or a tablet, Smartphone) is required. It can scan to a pdf and do the text recognition without a special software.

i bought one for homeuse and I liked it so much that I bought another one for work. My company then ordered 36 more for the other colleagues and refunded me.

Reactions: coolrunnings82

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
A Computer (or a tablet, Smartphone) is required. It can scan to a pdf and do the text recognition without a special software.

i bought one for home use and I liked it so much that I bought another one for work. My company then ordered 36 more for the other colleagues and refunded me.
@Kristian

Yup I own one personally and company owns two. It just works and I have basically nothing to say about them. Except they are awesome. Tried the HP and other scanners and nothing really compares for usability and pressing one button not thinking about is the setting right its just works.

@j_h_o
Wireless or USB3 allowing you to just have it on the network and scan stuff to the software. No it does not support SMTP but really this is more a single user device not a shared resource. You are looking for the Fujitsu FI series fi Series - Business Image Scanners for Network & More - Fujitsu United States

@TangoWhiskey9
Mostly its the features that count

One button searchable PDF creation
50-sheets Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
25ppm color duplex scanning.
34 Inch Paper scan for receipts

Reactions: coolrunnings82

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
I use a Brother all-in-one for scanning... This is interesting and I want one (we have some at work) but I also would miss the flat bed for books and whatnot. The HP's I always had problems with the driver not working for some reason over time.

One trick that I so is create VMs for scanners. That way the scanning dialog doesn't get in the way while scanning. I have scanners names 8.5x11 as well as 8.5x14 so they appear as separate destinations and all dump to a smb share.

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
I use a Brother all-in-one for scanning... This is interesting and I want one (we have some at work) but I also would miss the flat bed for books and whatnot. The HP's I always had problems with the driver not working for some reason over time.

One trick that I so is create VMs for scanners. That way the scanning dialog doesn't get in the way while scanning. I have scanners names 8.5x11 as well as 8.5x14 so they appear as separate destinations and all dump to a smb share.
I have played with the Brother version and it works. But the UI makes my head partial hurt when I have to lean over and look at the screen before scanning. Then I press the button and it does nothing for about 10 seconds then starts scanning. Only my opinion but I really do love my scanner.

Since it supports Wifi I can totally unplug it move it to a table and either RDP to my desk or set it to combine PDF and scan everything I need. Then go back and work from the computer side.