First tests of the Supermicro 1028GQ-TRT GPU SuperServer

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

William

May 7, 2015
Just brought this system up and it's alive. Lots of noise on power up.
During the first shake out tests with AIDA64 GPGPU test the system pulled 800watts. I expect much more when full testing gets underway.

Impressive numbers so far. This unit only has 4x AMD S9150's, I have another system here with 8x, but that one will not be tested until this one is complete.

Reactions: b3nz0n8

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
What we really want to know is how many guesses can it do per-second... you know, for security audits ;)
hehe...

All kidding aside that's a lot in a tiny package :)

Reactions: William

William

May 7, 2015
That's a good question Desiok

Marketing is marketing as they say, new AMD cards need exposure also and at the time I picked these machines up all the Nvidia cards were being used in qualification tests... or so I was told ;)

The applications used on these rigs are very specific and I believe if your code is best used with OpenCL you would want AMD, if its Cuda you would want Nvidia. For the same reasons that Bitcoin miners jumped on AMD cards vs Nvidia I would think.

I do suspect I will be able to rerun these machines or others with Nvidia cards as soon as I can get some... might have to camp outside Supermicro until they hand them over so I will leave LOL :)

Reactions: T_Minus

William

May 7, 2015
That wasn't very nice of them !! :)
Don't they know we NEED this stuff !

William

May 7, 2015
I would like to find out :)

I have the 8x GPU machine next up but with the same AMD GPU's

Reactions: neo

William

May 7, 2015
I have a K40 here which I ran before... now just have to find the screens.

William

May 7, 2015
Here is a single K40, so I imagine the results would be 8x for a system like that.