M5210 - can't get into BIOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
So I just bought an M5210 controller off of eBay, decent card. I can't seem to get into the BIOS though. On boot, it shows 0 JBOD and 0 VD drives. It feels like it's in IT mode and I'd like it back in IR mode. I updated the firmware to the latest from LSI's website but that didn't seem to help. I have plugged in 2xSSDs and 1 6TB Hitachi, it doesn't see any of them. It could be cable but I've swapped breakout cables as well.

Ideas/tricks?

Reactions: Jeggs101

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
So I just bought an M5210 controller off of eBay, decent card. I can't seem to get into the BIOS though. On boot, it shows 0 JBOD and 0 VD drives. It feels like it's in IT mode and I'd like it back in IR mode. I updated the firmware to the latest from LSI's website but that didn't seem to help. I have plugged in 2xSSDs and 1 6TB Hitachi, it doesn't see any of them. It could be cable but I've swapped breakout cables as well.

Ideas/tricks?
Like because it's @Chuckleb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a different system?

Mars2k

Jul 2, 2014
Have 2 of these, one works pretty well the other used to. Now cant get into MSM on one and have not been able to crossflash to LSI model. I'm using latest (april/16) version. The UEFI flasher does not recognize that I even have a card. I put on the J14 jumper that allowed the flasher to recognize the card as a 3108 but errored out when I tried to flash. Any help on that. When I tried the flash util it said it din't evne have firmware at all.