CWWK i5-1235U 6 port i226 report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

weiyiaw85

Apr 15, 2023
Got mine going:

Code:
                          PassMark PerformanceTest Linux

12th Gen Intel Core i7-1265U (x86_64)
10 cores @ 4800 MHz  |  62.6 GiB RAM
Number of Processes: 12  |  Test Iterations: 1  |  Test Duration: Medium
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU Mark:                          19073
  Integer Math                     63361 Million Operations/s
  Floating Point Math              41405 Million Operations/s
  Prime Numbers                    51.6 Million Primes/s
  Sorting                          31975 Thousand Strings/s
  Encryption                       15032 MB/s
  Compression                      209662 KB/s
  CPU Single Threaded              3508 Million Operations/s
  Physics                          1145 Frames/s
  Extended Instructions (SSE)      11065 Million Matrices/s

Memory Mark:                       3292
  Database Operations              6525 Thousand Operations/s
  Memory Read Cached               31780 MB/s
  Memory Read Uncached             20734 MB/s
  Memory Write                     15558 MB/s
  Available RAM                    62211 Megabytes
  Memory Latency                   45 Nanoseconds
  Memory Threaded                  41570 MB/s
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results submitted: PassMark Software - Display Baseline ID# 5038784
you bought is with RAM & disk ?
I'm also considering this I5 1235U CWWK unit , not sure want to get together with the RAM and Disk

fway

May 8, 2023
Last edited:

weiyiaw85

Apr 15, 2023
No, bought it barebones from CWWK on Amazon. I put these two in it:

WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 7,300 MB/s - WDS100T2X0E

G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 SO-DIMM Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 260-Pin SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 CL22-22-22-52 1.20V Dual Channel Memory F4-3200C22D-64GRS (these memory modules are dual-rank, so very fast)

BTW, mine came with the fan mounted in the lower compartment....it is silent.
how come got come with FAN ? can share us some picture

for SSD & RAM I ask CWWK compatible which brand and model before they say it better to get Samsung model

Kubiekdriehoekje

Apr 29, 2023
Mine finally cleared the Dutch customs and arrived yesterday; neatly packaged:
cwwk-001.jpgcwwk-002.jpgcwwk-003.jpgcwwk-004.jpg

And then a pleasant surprise followed; I ordered it with an extra sata cable, because the order page mentioned only 1 being included, but I've gotten 3 sata cables per node, but also a fan, a tool and the most welcome addition of a key-a+e to key-m m2 convertor adapter!:
cwwk-005.jpg

One unit loaded with 1TB and 2TB Samsung 980 pro SSD's and a Kingston Fury kit (KF432S20IBK2/64), all confirmed working in bios. The fan will not fit with the ssd heatsinks though:
cwwk-006.jpg

Looking forward to run PVE full mesh cluster on these...

Edit: Forgot to note the bios version, but it was from somewhere March 2023...

Last edited:

fway

May 8, 2023
interesting. i overlooked that part.
i think fta's bios supports both nvio (ax201/211) as well as pcie (ax200/210) (at least there are options related to both in the bios).
what i personally would be interested in is if the ax411 is working.
it also uses nvio , but only works with 12th/13th gen cpus due to it using a newer nvio version which is only supported by those.

As for AP-Mode, no idea, im not so deep into that topic so i cannot give a good opinion here.
You must use a ax211 or ax411 (any card part number with a "1" in the end as these are CNVio2 cards). This is an Intel platform and only supports this proprietary PCIe backend connection type known as CNVio2.

fway

May 8, 2023
View attachment 29192View attachment 29193View attachment 29194View attachment 29195

And then a pleasant surprise followed; I ordered it with an extra sata cable, because the order page mentioned only 1 being included, but I've gotten 3 sata cables per node, but also a fan, a tool and the most welcome addition of a key-a+e to key-m m2 convertor adapter!:
View attachment 29196

One unit loaded with 1TB and 2TB Samsung 980 pro SSD's and a Kingston Fury kit (KF432S20IBK2/64), all confirmed working in bios. The fan will not fit with the ssd heatsinks though:
View attachment 29197

Yep. Exactly the same as mine from Amazon (and can be had for the same price there as AliExpress). It is direct from CWWK.

weiyiaw85

Apr 15, 2023
View attachment 29192View attachment 29193View attachment 29194View attachment 29195

View attachment 29196

View attachment 29197

How much you bought ? CWWK i5-1235U version ?
I about to buy one also , this 2 day will make decision
maybe I will get without RAM and Disk version first

beisser

Mar 20, 2023
You must use a ax211 or ax411 (any card part number with a "1" in the end as these are CNVio2 cards). This is an Intel platform and only supports this proprietary PCIe backend connection type known as CNVio2.
that would mean ax200/ax210 would only work on amd platforms which of course is not true. you can run those two on anything with a pcie x1 slot (or mini-pcie or a fitting adapter). i have personally run ax210 on 4th gen intels and also amd ryzen systems (using pcie adapters).

it is true though that the ax201/211/411 will not work on amd platforms and the ax211/411 wont work on intel platforms before 12th gen because of the proprietary cnvio2-protocol that is exclusive to intel 12th/13th gen ( see Intel ax211 compatibility with CNVIO2 sockets ).

netspeedy

May 25, 2023
London
How much you bought ? CWWK i5-1235U version ?
I about to buy one also , this 2 day will make decision
maybe I will get without RAM and Disk version first
I just brought the CWWK i5-1235U about 10 minutes ago for £397 inc vat. Thats being delivered to the UK. This had a small coupon for discount.

Kubiekdriehoekje

Apr 29, 2023
I just brought the CWWK i5-1235U about 10 minutes ago for £397 inc vat. Thats being delivered to the UK. This had a small coupon for discount.
Are you sure vat is included, because mine included vat during the ordering process, but then it got dropped (from 1650-ish to 1330-ish) just before you finalise the order and start the actual payment via psp. This is the message that is shown if you click the info icon where the price change is listed:
Price Adjustment
Orders shipped from outside of EU with a goods value above EUR150 will be subject to VAT upon importation into the EU. The price of your order has been adjusted to reflect a later collection of VAT at the customs. You are encouraged to confirm the logistics and tax payment arrangement (for VAT, duties, agent fees, etc.) with the seller.
I'd rather had payed the vat via Aliexpress, because now post.nl handled the customs clearing and they took their time in doing so (23 days)....

Last edited:

netspeedy

May 25, 2023
London
Are you sure vat is included, because mine included vat during the ordering process, but then it got dropped (from 1650-ish to 1330-ish) just before you finalise the order and start the actual payment via psp. This is the message that is shown if you click the info icon where the price change is listed:

I'd rather had payed the vat via Aliexpress, because now post.nl handled the customs clearing and they took their time in doing so (23 days)....
I am pritty sure. I guess we will find out soon enough. But they do mention that tax exempt, so tbh there should be nothing extra on here and nothing said excl.

1685088518914.png

Kubiekdriehoekje

Apr 29, 2023
Aren't the issues resolved in 7.4.1 yet? Also if I remember reading correctly installer is failing on hdmi output and usb-c keeps working? I am trying 7.4 later today and report back....

netspeedy

May 25, 2023
London
Aren't the issues resolved in 7.4.1 yet? Also if I remember reading correctly installer is failing on hdmi output and usb-c keeps working? I am trying 7.4 later today and report back....
I am not sure, was just going by what I was reading in this thread and on the video. If anyone knows either way, feel free to chime in, thanks.

Kubiekdriehoekje

Apr 29, 2023
No it is not resolved in 7.4-1 and via usb-c you do indeed get more info and it seems the unit goes into a boot loop of some kind....

So this (+this) still applies using this...

Last edited:
Reactions: netspeedy

netspeedy

May 25, 2023
London
No it is not resolved in 7.4-1 and via usb-c you do indeed get more info and it seems the unit goes into a boot loop of some kind....
Thanks for confirming. I have the ISO here ready and on my iODD, so hopefully can just plug and play so to speak.

I am still trying to source a good PSU in the UK as the one the OP suggested on first page, I cant seem to find anywhere in the UK which sells them or has them in stock. Know of anywhere?

alcw

May 9, 2023
IMG_2378.PNGScreenshot 2023-05-27 004717.jpeg

Hi Guys, need help here. i just got this device today. installed 2 pieces 32gb ddr4 3200 and one 1 tb nvme crucial drive.
but I cant even get to any BIOS or UEFI setting page like how a usual computer should boot to if press some button.

stuck at the shell screen that cant do anything at all.

can anyone encounter this issue? mine is the barebone i5-1235u version

netspeedy

May 25, 2023
London
View attachment 29219View attachment 29220

Hi Guys, need help here. i just got this device today. installed 2 pieces 32gb ddr4 3200 and one 1 tb nvme crucial drive.
but I cant even get to any BIOS or UEFI setting page like how a usual computer should boot to if press some button.

stuck at the shell screen that cant do anything at all.

can anyone encounter this issue? mine is the barebone i5-1235u version
Thats UEFI and is normal with UEFI enabled in BIOS and not legacy boot if you have no OS installed. I believe you havent seen the key combo which would usually happen during POST unless its hidden. Probbaly display didnt show it in time which can happen. I am not sure on the combo as mine wont be here for a week or two but BIOS combos are "F1", "F2" or "DELETE" usually. You could COLD BOOT it and wack those combos and you should enter.

alcw

May 9, 2023
Thats UEFI and is normal with UEFI enabled in BIOS and not legacy boot if you have no OS installed. I believe you havent seen the key combo which would usually happen during POST unless its hidden. Probbaly display didnt show it in time which can happen. I am not sure on the combo as mine wont be here for a week or two but BIOS combos are "F1", "F2" or "DELETE" usually. You could COLD BOOT it and wack those combos and you should enter.
thanks. pressing "DEL" button did the trick. i was worried its a faulty set. i never know without a OS install, I wont see anything.
i managed to use sergei win PE boot disk and use the tools inside and found all components are detected.

Reactions: netspeedy