Wanted: BIOS for Datto MB10-DATTO-07

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dmitrios

Oct 24, 2018
I am asking owners of Datto MB10 board please share the Datto BIOS.

Background info:
I made the mistake of flashing MB10-DATTO-07 (came with F01 BIOS) with the BIOS for Gigabyte MB10-DS1 and this stopped onboard LAN from working.
(The DS1 has 1G LAN and the Datto board has 10G LAN surprise surprise).

Then following this thread: Help! Is my Xeon-D build dead?
I flashed it with F06 for MB10-DS4 and onboard LAN now works but something is still screwed up with how BIOS and BMC/IPMI report LAN MAC so I would like to fix that.

Dzeinz

Nov 26, 2018
Did this BIOS work for you? I have the same board and receive the message “Selected file is not valid for bios update”

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I don't know. I booted mine with a win10 installer on USB and jumped to troubleshooting mode to pull up a CMD window. I then used the aptio V version of afuwinguix64 to do the bios flashing. I just used the Gigabyte M10-DS4 bios from their website (Aptio V available here: American Megatrends Inc. - BIOS/UEFI Firmware Support )

I did update the IPMI with the image file from gigabyte's site through the web gui though.

I was unable to get the web gui to take the .rom file that comes from gigabyte's site.

I did also backup my original bios to file, so I can host that too if needed.

Jon

Feb 28, 2016
Hi,

Somewhat late to this. Ordered the board in November but just got it now du to slow shipping. Looks like I was lucky as mine will post and boot too OS. Just to double check with acquacow witch version of the BMC and Bios did you manage to flash from gigabyte?

I am trying to know if PCIE bifurcation is a option in the gigabyte bios. I still have the original DATTO bios and cant seem to find that option in there. Also original IPMI looks quite limited compared to the Supermicro board I have or some menues not showing properly?

IMG_20181212_205532.jpg

peggleg1983

Mar 12, 2019
I managed to install MB10-DS4 F11 firmware and all works as expected. Installed on 2 boards. No more Datto boot screen :)

upload_2019-4-3_22-6-57.png

Only thing is it now shows 4x NICs (obviously only the 2x 10GBe are there) ;)
upload_2019-4-3_22-7-56.png

Ubermik

Feb 1, 2022
Has anyone tried MB10-DS4 F12 or F13 firmware?
I have two Datto7s both have F13 firmware made 2019

If youre still after it I can get the exact details and maybe even take a direct backup from one of the machines if I can figure out how to do it lol :)

barmalej

May 31, 2019
Is it Datto original F13 or MB10-DS4 F13? I've been using MB10-DS4 F13 for a while already, it works fine but shows two extra NICs as in the screenshot above.

Ubermik

Feb 1, 2022
Is it Datto original F13 or MB10-DS4 F13? I've been using MB10-DS4 F13 for a while already, it works fine but shows two extra NICs as in the screenshot above.
Mine shows the two extra Nics too, but they dont have MAC addresses so I think its just hard coded into the bios rather than actually detecting hardware you cant use

Theyre only in the BIOS itself, like showing hard drive channels with no drive connected except in this case the hardware itself isnt even there, so I wouldnt worry about it

I'm just running Windows 10 on my two and it doesnt see the ghost nics at all, just the two actual ones

meischda

Oct 23, 2020
Hello, sorry for digging out this old thread.
But can anyone answering if the MB10-DATTO-07 supports bifurcation?

Thanks in advance
Sascha

meischda

Oct 23, 2020
Ok thanks.
BIOS from MB10-DS4 F13 supports also no bifurcation? If so, are there still benefits to gain from installing the MB10-DS4 F13 BIOS?

Last edited:

zac1

Oct 1, 2022
Late to the Datto party here. Just picked up a S3B3000 with the same Gigabyte MB10-DS6 (DATTO) board for $200. Does futzing with mismatched BIOS/BMC updates accrue any benefits for this board in a homelab setting aside from eliminating the awful Datto splash screen on boot?

meischda

Oct 23, 2020
Late to the Datto party here. Just picked up a S3B3000 with the same Gigabyte MB10-DS6 (DATTO) board for $200. Does futzing with mismatched BIOS/BMC updates accrue any benefits for this board in a homelab setting aside from eliminating the awful Datto splash screen on boot?
Not to late i think because this board is even today a solid performer for a NAS/ernergy efficient server at home.

I have installed in the meantime the MB10-DS4 F13 BIOS on my MB10-DATTO-07 without any problems (just showing 4 instead of 2 NIC's as mentioned above).
I just did it for the microcodeupdates / security if there are any benifits besides that? I do't think so, at least can't see any differences besides - as you mentioned - it now shows Gigabyte instead of Datto.

The firmwareupdate (to 8.88_4.88) of the AST2400 i did 2 years ago because it feels unrisky, but which changes it make i know neither.

Screenshot 2022-10-16 132616.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-16 132725.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-16 132747.jpg

I did both updates through the GUI, (took me a few tries but worked at the end) so no need to muddle around with usb or other stuff.

Screenshot 2022-10-16 140341.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zac1

CarlosPT

Apr 4, 2023
Not sure if anybody still tracking this group but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Does anybody have the original BIOS file for the MB10-datto-07 motherboard that can post a copy or provide a link to where I can download it?
I flashed the Gigabyte F13 BIOS and now the 2 10Gb network ports are no longer working. They are recognized in TrueNAS Scale but will not connect to switch and I am currently out of ideas.
I updated the firmware through a Windows boot disk as I had forgotten the password to the console at the time, I know it now, but the system now sems to be booting very slowly and the NIC ports will not connect.
Tried leaving all 4 ports enabled in BIOS as well as disabling ports 3 and 4 and also 1 and 2 but no luck.
Appreciate any help/guidance you can provide.

bleetz

Aug 19, 2021
I don't have the orginal bios sorry, but when I flashed from the Datto BIOS to GB F13, I had simmilar issue untill I reset the CMOS, after 4 nic's still show 2x Intel X557 with valid mac's and the other two are N/A with AF:AF:AF.... but only two appear for use - currently using TrueNAS, both connect fine.

Reactions: CarlosPT

CarlosPT

Apr 4, 2023
I don't have the orginal bios sorry, but when I flashed from the Datto BIOS to GB F13, I had simmilar issue untill I reset the CMOS, after 4 nic's still show 2x Intel X557 with valid mac's and the other two are N/A with AF:AF:AF.... but only two appear for use - currently using TrueNAS, both connect fine.
Thank you very much for your reply and sharing your experience with FW upgrade for this board.
I can confirm that after resetting the CMOS a couple of times I was able to get my NAS, also running TrueNAS, to boot up again and it seems to be working properly. It does show 4 NICs in BIOS but only 2 with MAC addresses so I disabled the other 2 and everything seems to be running OK.
Really appreciate your reply. Have an awesome weekend, you made mine much better :)!

XGG

Jun 1, 2023
Oh my goodness, I am absolutely thrilled right now! You won't believe the incredible news I have for you! After an extensive search, I have finally managed to locate the official BIOS for the amazing MB10-Datto-O7 from Gigabyte's official support team! Can you imagine the joy I'm feeling?

I am filled with immense gratitude for this remarkable discovery. A heartfelt thank you goes out to the brilliant minds at Gigabyte for making this possible. Their dedication and expertise have truly paid off, and we are the fortunate recipients of their hard work.

I can't even begin to express how excited I am about this find. With the official BIOS in our hands, you won't need to worry about 4 NICs in bios anymore. and even your familiar Datto LOGO back!

Screenshot 2023-06-01 172538.pngScreenshot 2023-06-01 172724.png