Paid offer- Help me get my network configured correctly including VLANS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MannyLNJ

Mar 19, 2023
My wife works from home 5 days a week. I work from home two days a week, My main fear is I am going to make a mistake causing my wife to not have internet access and not know how to undo what I have.

What I want to do is
A) Have the internet fall over from Optimum to T-Mobile cellular if Optimum goes down then go back to Optimum when it is restored
B) Keep my IoT devices from seeing my personal network traffic
C) Keep guest devices from seeing my personal devices except for one specific share on my Synology NAS and allowing guest devices to print
D) Allow my work-issued laptop to only reach the internet
E) Keep my printers from reaching the internet unless I need to fo a firmware upgrade
F) (In the future backup to a second NAS at another location)

What I have now as far as network infrastructure

1- Cisco 2960G Switch in Basement where most of my equipment is
2- TP Link TL-SG108E (one in Basement and one in the living room)
1- TP Link TL-SG105E in my wife's office
1- Sagecom Cellular device
1- EAP225 Access Point
1- Intel(R) Celeron(R) N5105 @ 2.00GHz running OPNsense with four 10/100/100 ports Ethernet Controller I225-V chipset
1- Optimum provided Fiber router in bridge mode
1- PROSAFE JGS 524E (Unused as spare)

The IP ranges I am using now are

10.1.1.X for my network infrastructure (switches, gateway, AP, NAS)
10.1.2.X for computers on the wired network
10.1.3.X for computers on the wireless network
10.1.4.X for my Printers
10.1.5.X for my IoT devices

Currently, the OPNsense system goes into the TL-SG108E which goes into the Cisco 2960G but I can run it directly to the Cisco 2960G

The only "safe" time I can work on the network is after 9pm eastern time Monday to Friday.

Make me an offer and if I feel it is reasonable I will pay you through Pay Pal, Venmo, CashApp or Zelle

Reactions: T_Minus and Samir

MannyLNJ

Mar 19, 2023
Thank you. Do you want your IOT devices to be able to get to the Internet?
I do because I want to be able to turn my lights on/off from outside the house and view my porch camera through it's app.

My IoT devices are a collection of smart outlets and switches a few Google Homes a Tovala oven and a light/camera over the front door.