LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
It’s getting delivered tomorrow and was drop-shipped by ASUS.
Strange I can't even order today on B&H - they removed the option. B&H chat said they expect stock on Feb 9th.
I guess the upside is I can see if the Hynix SM ECC UDIMMs work on the W680-ACE before ordering.

Last edited:
Reactions: copecetic

yeryer

Sep 24, 2022
I just joined the bandwagon and ordered a W680-ACE IPMI. I'm going to rebuild my X13SAE-F server that doesn't seem to like its 13900K even with dialed down wattage. My server reboots to bios every 10 days or so without logging any error to the logs. Another of my X13SAE-F servers with the same config except a 12th gen cpu and earlier bios runs fine so I'm hoping this ASUS will be better the enthusiast CPU. Maybe I'll get to run a benchmark that doesn't report a bottom decile result.

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
I just joined the bandwagon and ordered a W680-ACE IPMI. I'm going to rebuild my X13SAE-F server that doesn't seem to like its 13900K even with dialed down wattage. My server reboots to bios every 10 days or so without logging any error to the logs. Another of my X13SAE-F servers with the same config except a 12th gen cpu and earlier bios runs fine so I'm hoping this ASUS will be better the enthusiast CPU. Maybe I'll get to run a benchmark that doesn't report a bottom decile result.
Can I ask where you ordered from?

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
The X13SAE sure has been a disappointment, thankfully I’m still in my holiday return window from Newegg so it will be going back

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
OK - peer pressure won out. :) I just ordered one from Provantage as well. 5 left in stock now.

If you guys with the Hynix ECC RAM can pls report back compatibility with the ASUS MB ASARP, would be appreciated, as I can't find anyone who stocks the 32GB ECC Innodisk sticks... and the 16GB ECC are expensive. I'll likely grab a couple of the Hynix if they work.

EDIT: And, of course, an hour after I placed the order with Provantage, I got an In Stock Notification from B&H... despite their agent via chat swearing it won't be in stock for ordering until 2/9....

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex_T0000

steve0

Jan 19, 2023
Kingston claims their ECC sticks are compatible with ASUS W680-ACE IPMI.

I ordered some of their 32GB sticks to test.

KSM48E40BD8KM-32HM

1674678267749.png

steve0

Jan 19, 2023
I'm a bit more confident ordering these Kingston sticks over the Crucial Unbuffered ECC sticks, as Crucial claims theirs are incompatible (untested).

At least I can go back to Kingston and push for a return if they aren't compatible. Or at least I hope I can...