NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vis

Jan 8, 2023
not do this.
just install Win10/11 in UEFI mode and the drive shows as "Windows boot manager..."
everything worked out for me, I returned the launch video promo policy value to legacy, everything worked, the BIOS saw my two NVME disks and PROXMOX started, thanks to everyone

Reactions: RolloZ170

tbiryukov

Mar 18, 2023
Hi, is it possible that you send me your mod bios for the Supermicro X9DRD-iF. BIOS version is 3.3. Bifurcation is supported in my bios version, but no support for nvme drives.

longRUS

Apr 10, 2023
Hello!
I am attempting to get x9dri-f to recognize a 970 evo 2TB. I have already added a BIOS, following the instructions. The result is strange: NVMe is visible only sometimes in the bios. I think it may be possible with a cold start.
I would be very grateful if someone would share a copy of your modded bios with a bifurcation for x9dri-f :)

nkintzel

Apr 19, 2023
Hi All. I come here looking for some help. I'm trying to achieve the same thing as the rest of you and get my machine to boot via nvme.

I have:

Supermicro X9DRi-F Rev 1.11A
WD Green SN350 NVMe - 2TB - Gen3 PCIe, QLC, M.2 2280 - WDS200T3GG0C
Cheap Amazon Quad Nvme PCIe Adapter, RIITOP 4 Port M.2 NVMe SSD to PCI-E 4.0/3.0 x 16

Things I've done so far - I've modded bios per the guide referenced at the beginning of this thread...revision 3.4

File Name:X9DRi0_630.zip
Revision:3.4

I believe i've done this correctly...as there is no difference between supermicro's bios and my modded version other than the driver insert at the bottom of the area described in the tutorial. I used the larger driver.

I guess I'm lost from there - there doesn't appear to be any difference in my BIOS Settings, nor can I install to my drive (not visible) after booting windows from a usb stick. What indicators in my BIOS am I looking for....or maybe my the configuration of hardware I have doesn't work for this. Just looking for some tips as I feel like google's forsaken me at this point.

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
@nkintzel - I have the same board in production currently. I did not have to do anything special for BIOS settings. Could you try booting/installing from a single pcie adapter instead of the quad adapter?