Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Dec 19, 2020
Oh no, I really goofed. After flashing the BMC I realized this is for the SD1Q, not the D51PH! This one comes up as not passing the self-test and my processors are screaming hot. It did reset the password to admin/admin, so we know this. Does anyone have the BMC firmware for D51PH-1ULH? I will repost. Live and learn.
I have this file but it's too large to attach here. Send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

I feel lucky for downloading it: they took the whole product page down.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I have this file but it's too large to attach here. Send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

I feel lucky for downloading it: they took the whole product page down.
If it's smaller than 2GB, you can use wetransfer.com. I've used it several times before and a friend of mine uses it for audition submissions.

Reactions: Cheddar Poster

Gongman66

Oct 22, 2022
This worked for me as well for a D51PH-1ULH, very helpful.

In case it helps anyone else:
1. Download Storcli from Broadcom's website and 12G-EXPANDER_FW-Broadcom_1.0.8.zip from Quanta's website.
2. Copy storcli.efi along with the contents of 12G-EXPANDER_FW-Broadcom_1.0.8.zip onto a FAT32 USB stick.
3. Boot into the board's EFI shell.
4. Identify the expander number with storcli /c0 /eall show. It should be number 0, i.e., e0 for the next step.
5. Run storcli.efi /c0 /e0 download src=S2PH_LSI_FW_v1.08.fw.

Before updating the expander's firmware, I had already updated the D51PH-1ULH's BMC and BIOS from the Broadwell package. I did this with a SAS3008 installed, with IR firmware. I updated the HBA to IT firmware after updating the expander.
What version of the Storcli.efi do you have? The ones I've tried do not see the 3008 controller
. Thanks.

Nubbins

Mar 19, 2019
Some work and some don't. After trial and error version that worked for me is 007.1312.0000.0000 available on the Broadcom website.
Sorry to necro the thread, but does anyone still have the D51PH-1ULH firmware pack? I have a couple of servers stuck on 3B04 and the manufacturers are being less than helpful. :(

Nubbins

Mar 19, 2019
Yeah, I have that one, but it's VERY old. There's a 3B14 out there somewhere, just hoping someone here still has it. It seems that QCT has removed ALL BIOSes and BMC Firmware from their site for all servers. Not sure what the deal with that is. Mainly hoping to get the BMC update so that i can actually use the IPMI without reconfiguing Java and using Internet Exploder.