LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
Are you guys having any more luck with the X13SAE board? I have my eye on the new ASUS board, but it may be months before it's available.

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
I've been using mine semi regularly as a secondary workstation and no further issues so far

yeryer

Sep 24, 2022
I'm running two boards under high loads successfully and don't believe there's a better option. The driver issues during initial setup can be circumvented by installing the OS and updates remotely before using HDMI. The slow 13900k benchmarks on r23 improved considerably when I opened the case in an air-conditioned server room so I believe that's not a real problem. My real-world applications never heat up the cpu like that benchmark does.

saf1

Nov 27, 2022
I found the X13sae-f motherboard at rackmount for about 471 US I think it was. I didn't see many other sources so assuming it is reasonable. I saw a few others but it wasn't the -F not sure if that mattered or not. Was trying to stay with what is known/reported here.

cdru

Oct 27, 2018
1. check temperatures in BIOS and report BIOS version and also whether degree symbol is displayed correctly (mine shows as ?)
2. report whether you have X13SAE or X13SAE-F
3. report whether you can monitor PCH temperature from Windows (only for ones with X13SAE not X13SAE-F)
1. Bios version 2.0. Where in the BIOS is it even reported? I must be blind if it's there. In the BMC web gui it shows the correct temperature under the Sensors tab with no ° or units.
2. X13SAE-F
3. Yes, but I have the -F model.

mrmh

Oct 3, 2022
1. Bios version 2.0. Where in the BIOS is it even reported? I must be blind if it's there. In the BMC web gui it shows the correct temperature under the Sensors tab with no ° or units.
-F versions have IPMI menu instead of Thermal...

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
There's several online retailers all suggesting ETA of the last week of December:
  • That LDLC link was updated yesterday to show 12/26
  • B&H Photo is showing 7-14 days
  • compsource.com is showing ETA of 12/29
My bigger question is where to buy the only 32 GB ECC RAM that's on their CVL?
  • innodisk M5CV-BGS2MC0P-BE93
Or if the RAM people are using the SM board would work with this ASUS board despite not being on the list. That RAM is now down to ~$168.
Hynix HMCG88MEBEA Memory 32GB DDR5 4800MHz UDIMM MEM-DR532L-HL01-EU48

Alex_T0000

Aug 7, 2021
There's several online retailers all suggesting ETA of the last week of December:
  • That LDLC link was updated yesterday to show 12/26
  • B&H Photo is showing 7-14 days
  • compsource.com is showing ETA of 12/29
My bigger question is where to buy the only 32 GB ECC RAM that's on their CVL?
  • innodisk M5CV-BGS2MC0P-BE93
Or if the RAM people are using the SM board would work with this ASUS board despite not being on the list. That RAM is now down to ~$168.
Hynix HMCG88MEBEA Memory 32GB DDR5 4800MHz UDIMM MEM-DR532L-HL01-EU48
I'm in the same boat and from what I've been able to gather, the innodisk memory is based on Samsung memory chips. I know Supermicro has a recommended Samsung based DDR5 ecc module that I feel should work in this Asus board.

I don't find their QVL page working very well unfortunately. I have seen similar dates for availability and was about to buy a Supermicro X13SAE-F-O before I stumbled upon this Asus.

Link to memory that I am hoping works with the Asus, one question for others here, is whether Registered ECC is truly different than a UDIMM ECC module (DDR5 with onboard ECC aka 1-bit ECC) ?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Regarding X13SAE, they say Intel IPU 2022.3 is (will be) resolved in BIOS version 1.2. That's strange - latest BIOS is 2.0 from October 2022
SM says BIOS 1.2 is affected, not resolved.

The following X13 generation Supermicro Motherboards are impacted by this issue.

Reactions: i386

Weapon

Oct 19, 2013
I'm in the same boat and from what I've been able to gather, the innodisk memory is based on Samsung memory chips. I know Supermicro has a recommended Samsung based DDR5 ecc module that I feel should work in this Asus board.

I don't find their QVL page working very well unfortunately. I have seen similar dates for availability and was about to buy a Supermicro X13SAE-F-O before I stumbled upon this Asus.

Link to memory that I am hoping works with the Asus, one question for others here, is whether Registered ECC is truly different than a UDIMM ECC module (DDR5 with onboard ECC aka 1-bit ECC) ?

RDIMM won’t work in UDIMM board

Reactions: rootshell

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Reactions: Alex_T0000

rootshell

Jan 10, 2021
Agree. RDIMM won't work in a UDIMM-only MB. Best bet I can find at the moment is the UDIMM ECC sticks that people are using with the x13sae-f, although those are Hynix, not Samsung. But not on the Asus QVL list either...

Reactions: Alex_T0000

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
although those are Hynix, not Samsung. But not on the Asus QVL list either...
its not overclocked/overvoltaged memory. its JEDEC, should be no matter what vendor the chips are.
if the SPD contains timings which not work properly even a samsung chip will fail.