Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
I got it working with the omnijoin adapters.

Do you have the fan blowing air out or sucking air in? What is best for this case?
Cool.

I have set it as exhaust. Side grill on either side will intake fresh air, so less dust collection on fan and components inside.

iooserve

Sep 27, 2022
I went with 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 SSD and Ripjaw 32Gx2, both are working like a charm. Proxmox is running rock solid, so is OMV.
How were you able to mount the fan inside the case with two nvme drives? My 40x10mm fan when mounted on the inside touches the nvme that is mounted to the extension daughter board. It will definately not fit.

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
How were you able to mount the fan inside the case with two nvme drives? My 40x10mm fan when mounted on the inside touches the nvme that is mounted to the extension daughter board. It will definately not fit.
Oh man, that sucks! I was hoping to install second NVME on that extension board in future, sounds like we have choice to make here.

Is the fan touching the disk such that lid can't be closed?

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Just add four motherboard stand-offs to the floor of the case, that'll space it away enough. That's enough to mount a 15mm drive in there.

91-C269-B7-7078-4-B3-C-A948-4-BD46-BFDEEFB.jpg

iooserve

Sep 27, 2022
Oh man, that sucks! I was hoping to install second NVME on that extension board in future, sounds like we have choice to make here.

Is the fan touching the disk such that lid can't be closed?
I can't close the lid with the second nvme drive, yes the fan touches the nvme. The problem is the daughter riser board holds the nvme drive to high.

Reactions: GreenAvacado

iooserve

Sep 27, 2022
I have set it as exhaust. Side grill on either side will intake fresh air, so less dust collection on fan and components inside.
Pulling the air out seems to work best for me too. Did your case come with a mesh dust cover over the holes? If so did you remove it or keep it in place with the fan mounted?

GreenAvacado

Sep 25, 2022
I can't close the lid with the second nvme drive, yes the fan touches the nvme. The problem is the daughter riser board holds the nvme drive to high.
Don't know how badly you need that second NVME SDD installed without removing the fan. Here is an adapter I found on Amazon for 12 bucks that just might do the trick. Ribbon cable look flexible and long enough to move the SSD around to a sweet spot.

If you do end up getting one, keep us posted how it goes. I too, might try that in future, have to buy second NVME first.

Reactions: dazagrt

neo243

Sep 14, 2022
I'll wait and see what you get Neo.

So the n6005 unit arrived after 13 days shipping and they shipped it on the same day i ordered. The cardboard was labeled cwwk and it came with a dajing power adapter but i have not tried it and directly used a german Leicke 60w PSU.

The N6005 wasn't an engineering sample, the DIE had proper connection to the Copperblock and the DIE was protected by little spacers so you can't use too much force when screwing the board to the case.
The idle temps were around 45c and went up to 55c under load in windows.
Swapping the thermal paste and installing a fan in the fan mount reduced the temps by around 10c.

to power the noctua 12v version i ghetto modded the sata power cable with the noctua fan inclusive set.

Reactions: dazagrt

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Ok sorry...then it was another guy, that feard the vat and import so he wanted to buy from amazon.de

Reactions: rfox

sko

Jun 11, 2021
Can you show me which cable did you use to plug it into the SATA connector ?
Fans usually come with molex connectors, the SATA power connector is JIC-XH. Either cut the one from the SATA cable and solder it to the fan or just crimp a JIC to the fan...

dums

Aug 14, 2022
Don't know how badly you need that second NVME SDD installed without removing the fan. Here is an adapter I found on Amazon for 12 bucks that just might do the trick. Ribbon cable look flexible and long enough to move the SSD around to a sweet spot.

If you do end up getting one, keep us posted how it goes. I too, might try that in future, have to buy second NVME first.
I've wanted to install M.2 -> 2xSATA converter in my V3 box. It actually worked just fine but blocked NVME port, so I've tried to use similar ribbon cable from aliexpress:
And while BIOS was still able to detect SATA disks connected to SATA adapter, box would not boot anymore from attached SATA disk :( So my experience with ribbon M.2 extender was negative.
Also I discovered that it would be difficult to cram extra cable/adapter into already limited space inside the box (especially if you're adding extra fan). I think adding riser studs on 3D printing custom bottom lid would be better options.

CaptainHook

Sep 29, 2022