US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I could use the following:
  • Countless IEC to NEMA 15 power cables. I can probably fit close to 10 in a USPS flat rate envelope (under $10 in shipping) and have many more than that --> I'd like 20-30 if you have that many please.
  • Lacie Porsche Design 3.5" drive enclosure. It's USB 3.0
  • 12 x WD Easystore enclosures. Drives were pulled 3 years ago and they have sat in my closet (with original box) since
And I can send you a prepaid UPS label for the shipment(s). Thank you!

Last edited:

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Cleaning things out again and unsurprisingly have more. Shipping (you provide the label) or local pickup in Phoenix.

Still have more things on the following posts:

Anything light (under 1lb) should cost less than $5 to ship USPS 1st class.
  • Countless IEC to NEMA 15 power cables. I can probably fit close to 10 in a USPS flat rate envelope (under $10 in shipping) and have many more than that
  • Supermicro 504 chassis. No fans and no rackmount ears, but the power supply is present
  • 2 x Intel based PCIe x1 1GbE NIC. One full height bracket, one low-profile
  • HP NC360T Intel based dual 1Gbe NIC. Low profile-bracket
  • Arris/Motorola SB6141 cable modem
  • Manfrotto Compact Action tripod
  • Lacie Porsche Design 3.5" drive enclosure. It's USB 3.0
  • Cisco CP-PWR-CUBE-4 48V power supply (for IP phones)
  • Kensington Twin MicroSaver security lock. Brand new and still sealed. Looks like this: kensington MicroSaver Twin Lockheads Keyed Notebooks Laptop Locks K64187FL | eBay
  • 12 x WD Easystore enclosures. Drives were pulled 3 years ago and they have sat in my closet (with original box) since
  • Pending - Pelican 1400 case used for an AV setup. Used to house a NUC which was mounted to the bottom, so it's no longer waterproof due to the 2 screw holes. Has a USB to XLR adapter and a whole lot of spliced cables

I got the Pelican but wow, you edited and added more!

During lunch I'll have time to send you some labels.

I'll take a handful of those cables shoved into the case.

As well as that Supermicro Chassis!

Trying to find other stuff to stuff into the Supermicro chassis.

Reactions: Samir

warlord1312

Sep 17, 2015
Cleaning things out again and unsurprisingly have more. Shipping (you provide the label) or local pickup in Phoenix.

Still have more things on the following posts:

Anything light (under 1lb) should cost less than $5 to ship USPS 1st class.
  • Countless IEC to NEMA 15 power cables. I can probably fit close to 10 in a USPS flat rate envelope (under $10 in shipping) and have many more than that
  • Gone - Supermicro 504 chassis. No fans and no rackmount ears, but the power supply is present
  • 2 x Intel based PCIe x1 1GbE NIC. One full height bracket, one low-profile
  • LSI/Avago/Broadcom supercap with cable and low profile PCI mounting bracket
  • HP NC360T Intel based dual 1Gbe NIC. Low profile-bracket
  • Arris/Motorola SB6141 cable modem
  • WD10EACS 1TB 3.5" drive. SMART data looks good
  • Areca BBU module with full height bracket and cable. Haven't tested it
  • Areca BBU module with no battery. Full height bracket and cable included
  • Manfrotto Compact Action tripod
  • Pending - Lacie Porsche Design 3.5" drive enclosure. It's USB 3.0
  • Cisco CP-PWR-CUBE-4 48V power supply (for IP phones)
  • Kensington Twin MicroSaver security lock. Brand new and still sealed. Looks like this: kensington MicroSaver Twin Lockheads Keyed Notebooks Laptop Locks K64187FL | eBay
  • Pending - 12 x WD Easystore enclosures. Drives were pulled 3 years ago and they have sat in my closet (with original box) since
  • Pending - Pelican 1400 case used for an AV setup. Used to house a NUC which was mounted to the bottom, so it's no longer waterproof due to the 2 screw holes. Has a USB to XLR adapter and a whole lot of spliced cables

PM sent for the NICs.

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Have all my RAM individually wrapped and then in another bigger anti-static bag.. makes it a pain to find things and not good for transport.

Can you ship a tray or two shipped to MI, USA? If so, tell me how much and I'll send PM!
It's like 20-25 USD, but you can get multiple.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
It's like 20-25 USD, but you can get multiple.
Thanks for looking into it.

Yikes. Didn't realize international shipping cost had increased so much.

Luckily got a few trays from a local e-recycler.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
As if I don't have enough, here's a fun one for you lot. As usual, shipping (you provide the label) or local pickup in Phoenix.

Gone - Supermicro 6038R-DE2CR16L. Has 4 x Xeon E5-2620 v3. Trays are included, but no power supplies or SAS HBA. This is a relatively complex system, so please ensure you're familiar with it (go have a look at the system block diagram). There is PCIe connectivity between the nodes for high speed communication (PLX PEX8717), but the SDK requires an NDA with Broadcom to acquire a license key. The backplane also has dedicated ethernet connectivity between nodes (for heartbeat). It's pretty neat. Before anyone asks, it's not quiet.

Last edited:

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
As if I don't have enough, here's a fun one for you lot. As usual, shipping (you provide the label) or local pickup in Phoenix.

Supermicro 6038R-DE2CR16L. Has 4 x Xeon E5-2620 v3. Trays are included, but no power supplies or SAS HBA. This is a relatively complex system, so please ensure you're familiar with it (go have a look at the system block diagram). There is PCIe connectivity between the nodes for high speed communication (PLX PEX8717), but the SDK requires an NDA with Broadcom to acquire a license key. The backplane also has dedicated ethernet connectivity between nodes (for heartbeat). It's pretty neat. Before anyone asks, it's not quiet.
Can't believe someone hasn't grabbed this. I immediately started a thread to grab it. But, then realize I have zero use for it. Back in my "I'm doing a Ceph cluster in my homelab!!" plans last year, I would have. But seeing the power usage estimates brought me back to reality.

I have the X9 version of this setup, I believe, with 24x 2.5 bays. Graciously given from this exact thread earlier - last year!

With Linux, the 100 Gbps (IIRC, it was very very high) network interconnect showed up as a normal NIC and operated fine. Not sure what an NDA is for on this newer X10 version. Maybe Windows drivers?

Yeah, these things are loud.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019

Supermicro 6038R-DE2CR16L. Has 4 x Xeon E5-2620 v3. Trays are included, but no power supplies or SAS HBA. This is a relatively complex system, so please ensure you're familiar with it (go have a look at the system block diagram). There is PCIe connectivity between the nodes for high speed communication (PLX PEX8717), but the SDK requires an NDA with Broadcom to acquire a license key. The backplane also has dedicated ethernet connectivity between nodes (for heartbeat). It's pretty neat. Before anyone asks, it's not quiet.
Getting that thing shipped to my contact in Oregon will cost me something stupid, no?

EriKana

Mar 15, 2021

Wow! That's quite a system, what would be the cost to ship to the DC area?

EriKana

Mar 15, 2021
100% Interested in getting it if the price isn't insane, and pirateship can make it rather cheap to ship

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
While I have had someone PM me about it, if they don't wind up taking it, box is 36x24x10" and about 60lbs if anyone wants to look up the shipping cost.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
While I have had someone PM me about it, if they don't wind up taking it, box is 36x24x10" and about 60lbs if anyone wants to look up the shipping cost.
I shipped a similar server in size and weight from CA to PA, and it was about $85 UPS - with the "Discounts" (search for coupons, they are usually valid for like 10% off). Just for reference.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Don't know if congratulations or condolences are in order
Yeah, sure looked "interesting". And while I NEVER EVER give a thought as to whether or not I actually have a NEED for anything interesting like this, the noise factor did give me pause. Long enough, luckily, for someone else to grab it.

Although honestly, I've gotten a couple freebies from @BlueFox already, so only fair that someone else have a turn.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Yeah, sure looked "interesting". And while I NEVER EVER give a thought as to whether or not I actually have a NEED for anything interesting like this, the noise factor did give me pause. Long enough, luckily, for someone else to grab it.

Although honestly, I've gotten a couple freebies from @BlueFox already, so only fair that someone else have a turn.
I didn't need it, but that didn't stop me from buying it originally (also accounts for many of my FS threads). ;)

Am not really too picky about who gets what. Haven't had a single individual hogging everything anyway. The faster things go out, the happier my spouse is. I'm sure a number of you can relate.

DaveInTexas

Oct 28, 2021
Well, it's that time of year again... time to clean out the spare parts bin!!! LoL

Freebies I'm offering up. All I ask is that the "buyer" pay shipping or local pickup in Austin (Texas) metro.

Please PM me if you are interested in any of these.

All parts will ship in anti-static bags. All parts were working when last used. All CPUs have been cleaned ( i.e. no residual goop for you :cool: )

CPUs:

Intel Xeon E5-26202.0 Ghzx2SR0KW Gen unknown (Gen 1 ???)
Intel Xeon X56753.06 Ghzx3SLBYL
Intel i3-3220T2.8 Ghzx1SR0RE
Intel i3-4130T2.9 Ghzx2SR1NN

RAM:

BrandGenLatency, VoltageTech InfoSpeedUse CaseCapacity# AvailManufacturer Part #
OCZPC39-9-9 @ 1.65v10666Desktop2 GBx2OCZ3G1333LV4GK
G.SKILLPC39-10-9-28 @ 1.50vXMP Ready14900Desktop4 GBx2F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
KingstonPC31Rx812800EServer4 GBx6SL4D316E11S8KF
MicronPC32Rx810600RServer2 GBx2MT18JSF25672PDZ
KingstonPC31.50v2Rx810600Server (?)4 GBx1KVR1333D3E9S
SamsungPC31Rx812800Laptop4 GBx1M471B5173QH0

1x Low-profile, dual, PCI slot card.
--> 1U server mount model PCI 201-32 (32-bit 1-to-2 Riser Card). This card is designed for 1U or 2U server and expands 1x PCI slot into 2x PCI slots (but with 1x PCI bandwidth, of course). I do NOT have drivers for this card. Generic (no manufacturer info).

1x Mini-PCIe to Compact Flash adapter (I *THINK* that's what this is... might be M.2, but it is a CF adapter for sure). Model # ST-CF090430. Manufacturer unknown. You will need a compact flash memory card to do anything useful with this (e.g. SanDisk Extreme III cards @ 30 MB/s throughput).

Last edited: