Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

xShARkx

Jun 12, 2022
Is there any big difference or improvements between the Intel i225-V B3 and the new Intel i226-V of the V4?

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Is there any big difference or improvements between the Intel i225-V B3 and the new Intel i226-V of the V4?
I think the i226 series is just a rebranding & version step of the i225, as there are no family or silicone changes.

Reactions: xShARkx

xShARkx

Jun 12, 2022
I think the i226 series is just a rebranding & version step of the i225, as there are no family or silicone changes.
Asking cause i finally bought one of these x86 v3 like 2 days ago but topton did not send it yet, so was wondering if i should cancel the order and order it again a V4 instead.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Asking cause i finally bought one of these x86 v3 a like 2 days ago but topton did not send it yet, so was wondering if i should cancel the order and order it again a V4 instead.
I definitely would cancel if you can. I'm really hoping and in fact betting on hardware improvement over the i255-v3

xShARkx

Jun 12, 2022
I definitely would cancel if you can. I'm really hoping and in fact betting on hardware improvement over the i255-v3
Problem is support right, does any system supports it yet? Pfsense, opnsense, openwrt and etc?

MXY

Sep 1, 2019
I ordered the V3 from Topton but i will cancel it .
And ill order V4 but i may order from CWWK .
This one
US $201.53 | Upgrade i226-V N5105 Softroute Mini-host /OpenWrt/PVE/ESXI Fansless Energy Saving PC

Its diffrent desgin maybe better than the Topton

Mike9474593

Aug 5, 2022
I ordered the V3 from Topton but i will cancel it .
And ill order V4 but i may order from CWWK .
This one
US $201.53 | Upgrade i226-V N5105 Softroute Mini-host /OpenWrt/PVE/ESXI Fansless Energy Saving PC

Its diffrent desgin maybe better than the Topton
Well, that's interesting: Aliexpress in German, the v3 is advertised ("3rd edition N5105" in the first image) and nothing about i226, in french the first image says also 3rd edtition but in title there is i226, and in english the part number in the first image is WMS-III N5105 and the first few images are completly different...
Welcome to Aliexpress...

Last edited:

MXY

Sep 1, 2019
Well, that's interesting: Aliexpress in German, the v3 is advertised ("3rd edition" N5105 in the first image) and nothing about i226, in french the first image says also 3rd edtition but in title there is i226, and in english the part number in the first image is WMS-III N5105 and the first few images are completly different...
Welcome to Aliexpress...
Acctully i contaced CWWK and they said they updated it but aliexpress did not show the new imges yet .
But i still don't know what i pick the TopTon or CWWK ?

This is from cwwk web site

Last edited:

Mike9474593

Aug 5, 2022
But i still don't know what i pick the TopTon or CWWK ?
Topton ist not reliable, I would order at ChangWang.
I ordered 3 times at Topton, and everytime something was not ok.
  1. i5-10210U, had to pay taxes although they said there are no tax fees, took 10 days until they shipped it, got several tracking numbers from DHL, FedEx, UPS. Unit is still running strong so far.
  2. J4125, had to pay taxes although they said no fees, broken PSU, bad soldering, RAM issues, M.2 issues. They wanted to refund me US$ 18 for that broken piece of s***. Aliexpress stepped in, we agreed I send it back and they pay the returning fees. Never got these shipping fees back and they ghosted me over PN.
  3. N6005 (King Novy): communication was horrible, 2 Months until it arrived, 3 weeks no information about delay, then a information with wrong shipping date was sent. Got a US PSU and a EU travel adapter (not working in our power outlets and permanent use of a travel adapter is not allowed) --> I know, I should not place an order but I just needed a new one (unit from a friend broke). I said screw it, if this thing is broken my money is gone but at least I had some fun.

So, avoid Topton at all costs.
Its Topton and not Aliexpress in general, never had a single problem when ordering a Qotom Unit.
I'm thinking about placing an order at ChangWang and trashing out an older KabyLake Celeron, not sure yet.

Last edited:

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Topton ist not reliable, I would order at ChangWang.
<snip>

So, avoid Topton at all costs.
Its Topton and not Aliexpress in general, never had a single problem when ordering a Qotom Unit.
I'm thinking about placing an order at ChangWang and trashing out an older KabyLake Celeron, not sure yet.
ChangWang is still charging me Tax on the checkout page, how did you get out of it exactly?

sko

Jun 11, 2021
I've just ordered this V2 (/w N5105) a few days ago:
168.62US $ 41% OFF|Solid-built Fanless Mini Pc 2.5g Soft Router I7 1165g7 I5 1135g7 Celeron N5105 4 Intel I225 2500m Lan Dp Hd-mi Pfsense Firewall - Barebone & Mini Pc - AliExpress

Has anyone measured the actual power draw (@12V) from one of those (or any other version /w N5105)?
Some people in this thread already talked about powering those appliances via PoE splitters, but it seems no one reported back if it actually works. From a gut feeling I'd say a N5105 should stay <20W total with 8GB RAM and a small NVMe, but it would be nice to have some actual numbers before I order the PoE splitter...

Mike9474593

Aug 5, 2022
ChangWang is still charging me Tax on the checkout page, how did you get out of it exactly?
Probably country dependent, are you from EU? At checkout i just have to pay US$ 201.53 for the unit and US$ 9.38 for shipping.
Tax here is postpaid, so DHL or whoever will send you a invoice for VAT and handling. If the declaration is wrong (total value incl shipping under ~60$) they won't charge you.

dazagrt

Mar 1, 2021
Probably country dependent, are you from EU? At checkout i just have to pay US$ 201.53 for the unit and US$ 9.38 for shipping.
Tax here is postpaid, so DHL or whoever will send you a invoice for VAT and handling. If the declaration is wrong (total value incl shipping under ~60$) they won't charge you.
Yes I guess so, I’m in Australia.

burtal

Jul 7, 2022
Well, that's interesting: Aliexpress in German, the v3 is advertised ("3rd edition N5105" in the first image) and nothing about i226, in french the first image says also 3rd edtition but in title there is i226, and in english the part number in the first image is WMS-III N5105 and the first few images are completly different...
Welcome to Aliexpress...

pulled some info from CW about their chasis(wich looks like Topton ones).....looks like there i a copper plate .... but i dont think under it is a clean Al, most likely is still covered with paint.
but maybe the manufacture process got better...but i dont think they changed anything beside the 226...

so let us know how long it took to get in EU and if you payed taxes

Attachments

thimplicity

Jan 11, 2022
Topton/AliExpress graciously offered that I can send the box back and they will refund the cost. Shipping is $228 and the box was $221 :D

Mike9474593

Aug 5, 2022
Topton/AliExpress graciously offered that I can send the box back and they will refund the cost. Shipping is $228 and the box was $221 :D
Take care, had the same solution for a dispute (J4125), never got the shipping costs back (shipping to china was US $ 50). Sent messages to the store, they ghosted me. Contacted Aliexpress (3x in total), they said money will be refunded, never got anything back. I gave up...

whocarez

Aug 10, 2022
changwang information on V4 with i226 (and new bios)

https://www.changwang.com/news/113.html (in chinese)

Motherboard "changelog":

The original Intel i225-V B3 is upgraded to the i226-V version just released by Intel. The i226 network card is regarded as the first launch on domestic commercial motherboards. Compared with the i225 The version consumes less power and has more stable performance.

New bios changelog:
1. The new version of the BIOS is compatible and re-optimized for memory, and supports a single DDR4 3200MHz 32GB memory at a maximum, and a maximum support of 64G.
2. Optimize the boot speed.
3. Added Wake on LAN option, located at Chipset->PCH-IO Configuration->Wake on LAN.