At my wits end with a Fusion-io 3.2TB on Windows 10...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

accountname

Jul 8, 2022
I've been trying to figure this out for years now.

I've finally registered here as most of the information I can find about these drives online all point back to here.

Forgive me for immediately jumping to a request for help.

I have a Fusion-io ioScale 3.2TB, product number F11-002-3T20-CS-0001

I'm using the newest driver I could find a while back (although, at the moment I can't tell you which one that is - but I know it came from Sandisk)

When the drive works, it is AWESOME.

My problem is when I restart my PC. Every single time I perform a full reboot/boot, I must pray to the gods that the drive's amber light changes to green.

Otherwise the drive is unseen, and attempting to use any of the tools found in VSL Utils gives me:

Code:
fio-status requires the driver to be loaded on this platform. Exiting.
I have no idea if this is just hocus pocus, but it seems to have a better chance of working from a "extra cold" boot.

That is to say, turning everything off, flipping my PSU off, holding the power button down, and then plugging everything back in.

Doing a simple "Restart" almost guarantees that my drive won't be seen.

It is in a full sized PCIe slot. I took the additional step of upping the amount of power available to the slot (75w).

The drive doesn't have a power cable.

I have moved the drive into different slots on this mobo, it is being used alongside a GPU which works just fine in any of the slots available.

I have added a delay to my BIOS to allow time for the drivers to load.

I have turned off Windows/my BIOS fast boot option.

The reason for this post is I just experienced a power outage... Now after a dozen power cycles, I still don't have my drive back.

ANY advice at all would be amazing. Thank you!.

Reactions: Rock

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Power the system off for like 5 minutes and let the card cool off and then check if it's recognized in windows

accountname

Jul 8, 2022
Power the system off for like 5 minutes and let the card cool off and then check if it's recognized in windows

My issue is not that it's not being recognized this one time. Like I said, every single reboot will give me a 45% chance of being able to use my drive.