EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dibblah

Apr 13, 2017
This is just one example of one that works, but any HP common slot PSU will likely work.
HP 460W POWER SUPPLY 643931-001 643954-201 660184-001 Platinum Plus HSTNS-PL28

See here for pictures

HP 1200W Platinum Plus Hot Plug Power Supply - 656364-B21 660185-001
is another one I haven't tried but is also common rail and doesn't appear to require the modification of the tab (which seems to denote high vs low power - <750w needs modified, >=750w appears to be the intended size)

Here

Look for the blue connector for the platinum plus / platinum efficiency. The other 1200w ones are less than stellar in their efficiency ratings.

Last edited:
Reactions: SecCon

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
to require the modification of the tab
I mean a Picture of that. So you say a higher Power should work to? Are there any downsides of use a hight power one with a low load?

EDIT: I must check if I bought spare PSU for my HP Server the look familiar for me. I guess the are maybe the one who are compatible. :eek:

Last edited:

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
:rolleyes: sry I try not to get insane now!!! How to remove the rear 2,5" HDD Bay? I unscrew the screws and than I should able to pull them out of the Case. But sadly the are in there rock solid. :eek: I dont know how to remove it. Any idea?
And how to delete an Raid Config from the Raid Controller? Its simple I try to install an Win Server but it crash often...
Thanks

tic226

Feb 2, 2017
DE
:rolleyes: sry I try not to get insane now!!! How to remove the rear 2,5" HDD Bay? I unscrew the screws and than I should able to pull them out of the Case. But sadly the are in there rock solid. :eek: I dont know how to remove it. Any idea?
And how to delete an Raid Config from the Raid Controller? Its simple I try to install an Win Server but it crash often...
Thanks
To remove the rear HDD module:
Loosen the thumb screws inside the chassis but *also* remove one additional screw in the back. Then you can lift out the assembly.

To delete a RAID array:
Enter the card's config utility (CTRL+C during POST) -> Select array -> View Existing Volume -> Manage Volume -> Delete Volume

Btw, the instability issue might stem from an old firmware on the controller, might want to update it and see if it solves the issue.

tic226

Feb 2, 2017
DE
did you have an picture? I cant access the back since the is in an short rack. Thanks
If my memory serves me right it is this screw:

Edit: This procedure is described in the user guide on page 275 but be aware that the illustration of the module assembly is actually back-to-front, this seems to be an error. The screw in question is actually on the left side.

Last edited:

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
i drive insane!!! I try many thinks but the dont work. I want install Win10 or a Win Server on the Baremetal for FW Updates and so.
With NTLite I add the Raid Driver for the Raid Card but Win complain the cant install Win...
So which additional driver or so I need to get them rum?!
Thanks

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
i drive insane!!! I try many thinks but the dont work. I want install Win10 or a Win Server on the Baremetal for FW Updates and so.
With NTLite I add the Raid Driver for the Raid Card but Win complain the cant install Win...
Thanks
I faced the same issue, but never solved it. Was to lazy to figure that out as I'm running ESXi anyways.

You should beable to just make a regular win server usb, and copy the files from the raidcard driver( often you can just 7zip/unzip them) to the usb. Then select the driver from the windows install at the harddrive selection. Like this, but directly from the usb: Windows 2016 not showing disk during installation for 1288H V5 server with 9460-8i RAID Card- Huawei
I think he is facing the same issue as me. Its not that the drives not showing up, this works fine. It shows during install that its not able to make the drive bootable and continue setup.

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
I faced the same issue, but never solved it. Was to lazy to figure that out as I'm running ESXi anyways.

I think he is facing the same issue as me. Its not that the drives not showing up, this works fine. It shows during install that its not able to make the drive bootable and continue setup.
Then i assume you have selected what disk that should be bootable in the IR/IT firmware/preboot setup, before trying to install windows? If i remember correctly you have to turn it on under “boot support” in the LSI/avago prebootscreen for the vDisk/disk.

Last edited:

SecCon

Arkham Asylum Server Mgmt
May 26, 2022
Thanks
Please read the servers extensive manual in regards to hardware, raid and drivers. Everything is available via Huawei's site after a registration there.
All the drivers up to Server 2019, manuals about Raid, manuals about Bios, documentation about iBMC.

Manuals have loads of pictures, I even printed out mine for easy reference when digging. There is even a short instruction with pictures on the INSIDE of the lid of the server.

You NEED to sit down and read up. This is not a regular desktop pc.

Reactions: Sogndal94

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
In the same way as the first ones, you buy them as companies replace them.

The eternal circle goes like this;
1 - Enterprise buys new stuff to replace their servers
2 - The old stuff goes to hardware brokers like the one that you bought these from
3 - New servers are used for 36-48months
4 - Go back to 1

The twist in value is that there is more used servers going into the market than there realisticly is demand for.
So the price keeps going down, since they have to undercut the competition to make you buy their boxes so they can unload them.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
so when does first-gen Epyc stuff (Naples) start really cranking out into the used market?