Cheap 32in 4K IPS Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, usb-c inputs $330 FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Lowest I've seen so far for a 32in 4K IPS monitor with usb-c with video input and 65W charging.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatexal

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
I like that it has a KVM built in... but is z-edge a company/vendor I should have heard of previously?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
there is a lot of these generic oem manufacturers but they seem to have been around for a few years. They also make other monitor size and car electronics.

I should should get mine in a few days. gonna use it nonstop for the whole 30 days money back and see... The fact that the shipping weight is only 20lb means that it's a light panel. I have a need to have a big portable monitor i can pack inside a traveling oversize suitcase for a portable office setup.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Depends on where you live. Some states require that e-commerce/mail order vendors collect destination state tax regardless of where the origin is.
All I know is that I live in FL and I placed a direct order with z edge last nite and i did not get charged sale tax. YMV...lol

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Last edited:

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
any updates ?

Used it right now for 24 hr.

Con: the stand is only tilt adjustable. no other adjustment. at least the default position is comfortable. But it is a standard 100X100mm VESA mount in the back so you can easily get another cheap stand that has a lot more adjustment for $30. or use the one you have currently. This is probably the biggest con

Pro:

It is perfect so far as far as display quality. No weird artifact yet. My monoprice monitor has the fast flashing artifact once or twice a day, a known thing with the benq because they both use the same panel. But haven't seen that so far on here. Uniformity is very good without obvious hot spot. No dead or stuck pixels

The type of panel it uses really remind me of the one they use in the HP Z32 which i also have. I am trying to pin down the exact type of panel it uses. It is a 10 bit panel and it will show as such in display option under windows. I can definitely run it at 10bit 4K 60hz 4:4:4 using the usb-c which has the DP 1.4 mode.

It does have freesync available on all three inputs. One HDMI, one DP, one usb-c with DP 1.4 and PD. The usb-c works just fine doing both DP and PD. it powers my laptop which uses 65W just fine. The monitor comes with an external fairly sized 120W power brick.

It has definitely enough brightness that i have to turn down the default brightness at 50 to 34. I increased it to 100 and it's definitely bright i would guess the brightness is close to 350 to 400 nits just comparing to my legion 5 pro laptop but again I don't have the colorimeter to verify. But it's probably not bright enough for the HDR feature that it has.

You can adjust each of the RGB channel individually under user or just choose cool warm SRBG 7500 5800 presets. So just enough setting for most users but may not enough for the professional photographers.

All in all, I am very satisfied so far for the $330 i spent. There is no other new 32in IPS 4K monitor with usb-c , DP, HDMI out there right now (beside the idea display 32in 4K monitor that also seems to have the same panel and oem manufacturer) for under $350. That is actually exactly $330 out of the door because if you order it directly from z edge site, there is no tax or shipping charged. I live in FL and pretty much all other places i ordered from charged tax so maybe z edge already priced tax in? But yeah, you pay exactly $330. no more.

Also have built in speakers which are standard quality and quantity in volume. About the same as that of the average laptop. not very loud but at least there. There is not many non gaming 32in IPS 4K monitor that has built in speakers anyway.

It does have two RGB lights in the back that rotate through the RGB colors. They can be turned off in menu if you want.

Last edited:

showmethemoney711

May 19, 2022
CA

Con: the stand is only tilt adjustable. no other adjustment. at least the default position is comfortable. But it is a standard 100X100mm VESA mount in the back so you can easily get another cheap stand that has a lot more adjustment for $30. or use the one you have currently. This is probably the biggest con

Pro:

It is perfect so far as far as display quality. No weird artifact yet. My monoprice monitor has the fast flashing artifact once or twice a day, a known thing with the benq because they both use the same panel. But haven't seen that so far on here. Uniformity is very good without obvious hot spot. No dead or stuck pixels

The type of panel it uses really remind me of the one they use in the HP Z32 which i also have. I am trying to pin down the exact type of panel it uses. It is a 10 bit panel and it will show as such in display option under windows. I can definitely run it at 10bit 4K 60hz 4:4:4 using the usb-c which has the DP 1.4 mode.

It does have freesync available on all three inputs. One HDMI, one DP, one usb-c with DP 1.4 and PD. The usb-c works just fine doing both DP and PD. it powers my laptop which uses 65W just fine. The monitor comes with an external fairly sized 120W power brick.

It has definitely enough brightness that i have to turn down the default brightness at 50 to 34. I increased it to 100 and it's definitely bright i would guess the brightness is close to 350 to 400 nits just comparing to my legion 5 pro laptop but again I don't have the colorimeter to verify. But it's probably not bright enough for the HDR feature that it has.

You can adjust each of the RGB channel individually under user or just choose cool warm SRBG 7500 5800. So just enough setting for most users but may not enough for the professional photographers.

All in all, I am very satisfied so far for the $330 i spent. There is no other new 32in IPS 4K monitor with usb-c , DP, HDMI out there right now (beside the idea display 32in 4K monitor that also seems to have the same panel and oem manufacturer) for under $350. That is actually exactly $330 out of the door because if you order it directly from z edge site, there is no tax or shipping charged. I live in FL and pretty much all other places i ordered from charged tax so maybe z edge already price that in? But yeah, you pay exactly $330. no more.

Also have built in speakers which are standard quality and quantity in volume. About the same as that of the average laptop. not very loud but at least there. There is not many non gaming 32in IPS 4K monitor that has built in speakers anyway.

It does have two RGB lights in the back that rotate through the RGB colors. They can be turned off in menu if you want.
wow, very detailed feedback, thank you so much.
what are the actual dimensions with the stand attached?
I'm about to order it.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
wow, very detailed feedback, thank you so much.
what are the actual dimensions with the stand attached?
I'm about to order it.
28.5 in wide X 20.5 in total height X 8 inch depth with default stand.
It is shipped via ups ground from california. came to me in fl within 5 days.
What are you using it for?

Last edited:

Brian Puccio

Jul 26, 2014

Pro:

You can adjust each of the RGB channel individually under user or just choose cool warm SRBG 7500 5800 presets. So just enough setting for most users but may not enough for the professional photographers.

All in all, I am very satisfied so far for the $330 i spent. There is no other new 32in IPS 4K monitor with usb-c , DP, HDMI out there right now (beside the idea display 32in 4K monitor that also seems to have the same panel and oem manufacturer) for under $350. That is actually exactly $330 out of the door because if you order it directly from z edge site, there is no tax or shipping charged. I live in FL and pretty much all other places i ordered from charged tax so maybe z edge already priced tax in? But yeah, you pay exactly $330. no more.

Just like a HP Z32? Ok, I’m sold. That’s the monitor I have. So I just ordered one of these for the girlfriend.

I wish I could justify a second 32” for myself.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Just like a HP Z32? Ok, I’m sold. That’s the monitor I have. So I just ordered one of these for the girlfriend.

I wish I could justify a second 32” for myself.
well, it's not exactly like the HP Z32. obviously less inputs and a lot less adjustments on the stand but the panel itself with its thin bezels being part of the lcd panel rather than being part of the plastic case encompassing the panel is very similar in design to the Z32. See pic

As for the quality of the panel itself, i have zero complaint so far after using it for 10+hrs each day. I think the color adjustment is probably less than what's avail on HP but then again its adequate for most people.

As far as another 32in 4K, you should get another one of these after you receive this one for the GF. I don't know what monitor she uses before this but she is one lucky girl with the upgrade...lol....

Attachments

Brian Puccio

Jul 26, 2014
well, it's not exactly like the HP Z32. obviously less inputs and a lot less adjustments on the stand but the panel itself with its thin bezels being part of the lcd panel rather than being part of the plastic case encompassing the panel is very similar in design to the Z32. See pic

As for the quality of the panel itself, i have zero complaint so far after using it for 10+hrs each day. I think the color adjustment is probably less than what's avail on HP but then again its adequate for most people.

As far as another 32in 4K, you should get another one of these after you receive this one for the GF. I don't know what monitor she uses before this but she is one lucky girl with the upgrade...lol....
If the image quality is comparable to the Z32 I will be happy for getting something in the same league for a third of the price.

For anything truly color critical, whatever monitor you get should be calibrated with a hardware calibrator to generate a profile for the specific display. And then you’re probably also spending more money to get a better display and lighting your environment appropriately too.

She currently has laptop and no external display.

Reactions: wildpig1234