Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Leo Atreides

Dec 23, 2020
Is there any onfo on unlocking these ? Both for usable mobos and for overclocking ?

"ES / EQ CPU of Milan AMD Epyc, most likely 7713. Not locked, for sale as-is, most likely needs modded bios to run "

Leo Atreides

Dec 23, 2020
Have any of you madmen submitted any results to HWBOT with these :^)?
Thats me in 11th place ! I have an 89600+ as well but need more verification to make it stick in the charts ( not that it moves my position ! )

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Thats me in 11th place ! I have an 89600+ as well but need more verification to make it stick in the charts ( not that it moves my position ! )

I can already see where you ****ed up: covering up the CB rendering window.

Leo Atreides

Dec 23, 2020
I can already see where you ****ed up: covering up the CB rendering window.
Well that 88014 score been accepted as a submission - its in 11th place in the leaderboard, its on the right side of the page below, so I dont quite understand what you saying. The 89600+ submission I cant find, if you found it can you post a link ?

I am not enturely certain how HWBOT calculates its scoreboards though, as the highest ever score for 128 cores is from Blueleader with 113k+

Anyways, my build is 25% slower than Epycs own highend best in class system what would be substantially more expensive than mind to build. like 300% or something crazy !

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Well that 88014 score been accepted as a submission - its in 11th place in the leaderboard, its on the right side of the page below, so I dont quite understand what you saying. The 89600+ submission I cant find, if you found it can you post a link ?

I am not enturely certain how HWBOT calculates its scoreboards though, as the highest ever score for 128 cores is from Blueleader with 113k+

Anyways, my build is 25% slower than Epycs own highend best in class system what would be substantially more expensive than mind to build. like 300% or something crazy !

Spartus

Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
So I'm moving some H11DSi machines with ZS17 to proxmox and using zenstates.py and it seems to only be writing CPU0. Anyone seen this? I dont see any argument to write both CPUs, there there a fork I need?

Zhang

Sep 18, 2018
Reactions: Spartus

Jens10123

Jun 12, 2017
Is there any onfo on unlocking these ? Both for usable mobos and for overclocking ?

"ES / EQ CPU of Milan AMD Epyc, most likely 7713. Not locked, for sale as-is, most likely needs modded bios to run "

Yeeeeah- I was also quite curious after seeing a few 64-Core Milan ES chips listed on Ebay! Anyone here already got his hands on one?

tonsil

May 6, 2022
Hello, could you tell the detail of the technology of how to unclock the AMD CBS. I have the difficulty of understanding. And I have some problem which is similar like it. Thank you very much!

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
Hello, could you tell the detail of the technology of how to unclock the AMD CBS. I have the difficulty of understanding. And I have some problem which is similar like it. Thank you very much!
Actual you "only" Set the visible Bit of that Menu in the uefi binary, and Then flash it

tonsil

May 6, 2022
Actual you "only" Set the visible Bit of that Menu in the uefi binary, and Then flash it
Firstly, thank you for your answer, but I have a question. In the article named"overclock your Epyc", author said that replace the strings. I don't know the details about. I tried it but failed. Recently, I met a problem like this. I wanted to unclock my motherboard's (WC621D8A-2T) BCLK config and the DRAM voltage.In my research, it is similar to this problem.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
In the article named"overclock your Epyc", author said that replace the strings.
i think that means the use of AMIBCP and change the permissions from "default" to "USER"
if you flash that modified BIOS create a USER and have access to the hidden entries.