EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Is there a huge difference between v3 and v4 CPU?
EDIT: Mine have the E5-2640 V3

for example: Sr2n7 REF Intel Xeon e5-2680 v4 (35m Cache 2.40 GHz) fc-lga14a Prozessor | eBay
Bought two E5-2660v4 for total of 100USD.

It would be great if someone with access to the latest bios and firmwares could package them in an archive. Their European support was not helpful providing access to downloads without an active contract with them, although it was stated that they were to be used in a homelab environment.
Have a look on the previous pages, it has already been posted.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Sadly I cant get into my Huawei Account since the dont send an Verivication to my own Domain Mail Server its like: xxxxxx@ aaa.at Yes I checked the Spam Folder,... can someone ask in the Huawei Forum for an E-Mail Adress who I can send my problem to?
I was hopping for bifurcation support.
Hmm someone mention to me the Riser Card actually use that so I cant use an PCI-E Card for Multiple SSD?!
Bought two E5-2660v4 for total of 100USD.
When I see what my fully equipt Server cost back then (~280€) with Ram and CPU it is, was not that bad as a deal. When I count what the import fees would be (additional 20€ for a 100USD Package).

Reactions: kold

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
Sadly I cant get into my Huawei Account since the dont send an Verivication to my own Domain Mail Server its like: xxxxxx@ aaa.at Yes I checked the Spam Folder,... can someone ask in the Huawei Forum for an E-Mail Adress who I can send my problem to?

Hmm someone mention to me the Riser Card actually use that so I cant use an PCI-E Card for Multiple SSD?!
Maybe you should try to register with another email then? Make a outlook/gmail/yahoo/protonmail account, and ser it up as a forward account.

quick 2 min google round, and have not found any bifurcation on huawai devices.

could be that it show here(dont have an account)欢迎登录华为站点

Last edited:

Xeroxxx

Mar 12, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: kold

kold

Jun 27, 2017
This my post. You need Partner, Engineer Status or active paid subscription for that.

There won't be bifurication support with 5.22 I saw the changelog. There probably wont be in future as EOL soon.

However as I said 5.15 is latest release. 5.22 is unreleased.
Bitfurcation support would be a great feature. It's a pity. Is there another way to have multiple nvme storage devices per pci slot?

tic226

Feb 2, 2017
DE
Bitfurcation support would be a great feature. It's a pity. Is there another way to have multiple nvme storage devices per pci slot?
User-configurable bifurcation is highly unlikely since the PCIe lanes (apart from the 2 x8 slots) are meant to be used with risers. Those risers contain an EEPROM which in turn contains info about the riser's physical slot layout. The EEPROM is read out by the CPLD during post and the lane bifurcation is set accordingly, fully transparent to the user. Only option apart from changing the backplane and cabling is to go for fabric switch based cards @Sogndal94 mentioned.

tic226

Feb 2, 2017
DE
This only contains the IR firmware not the IT one to use it as an hba right ? Or am I missing something?
Right, it only contains the IR firmware. I've uploaded the IT version here:
However, the version published by Huawei is quite old (P12), if you have the SR130 (no BBU/no cache) then you can also use the latest firmware package from Broadcom since it's a standard SAS3008 (LSI9300):