Crestron CCS-UC-CODEC-200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
I got one for $19. What are hidden secrets to get this thing up and running?

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
currently it’s running windows 7 embedded with eshell.exe as the shell, which launches lync on startup. It applys a policy that locks down every aspect of the machine . We have the unlock policy as well. As well as the pdf file that explains how to setup a local http server to let it get the update packs, which we have saved too.
Any and all information would be great. I should get my unit this week. I assume unlocking the hdmi in /out board allows you to connect the unit to a standard HDMI monitor.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
Thanks for the great information. Looking forward to the PDF and update files.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
I got my unit today. How do I can get into Window 7 on the unit? The screen is showing "Skype for Business".

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
Got mine in today as well. Upon first boot I had no display at all. Will tinker around with it some more!

Bbolt

Dec 19, 2021
Default Administrator password is "Crestron12345678#"
I used some of the well known windows hacks to change the Administrator Password when it wasn't the default.
If you can get into Safe mode you can stop the Lync startup by renaming the c:\Program Files\Lync folder.

I installed Ubuntu on the flash drive in a different PC by using one of these: Amazon.com: SMAKN Mini PCIE MSATA SSD 30mm50mm to 2.5" SATA 6.0Gps Adapter Card : Electronics and then reinstalling the SSD in the Crestron. It is a snappy Linux box, but the video seems to only support 1920x1080 resolution.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
Default Administrator password is "Crestron12345678#"
I used some of the well known windows hacks to change the Administrator Password when it wasn't the default.
If you can get into Safe mode you can stop the Lync startup by renaming the c:\Program Files\Lync folder.

I installed Ubuntu on the flash drive in a different PC by using one of these: Amazon.com: SMAKN Mini PCIE MSATA SSD 30mm50mm to 2.5" SATA 6.0Gps Adapter Card : Electronics and then reinstalling the SSD in the Crestron. It is a snappy Linux box, but the video seems to only support 1920x1080 resolution.
How did you get it to boot into Windows? Please advise.

Bbolt

Dec 19, 2021
The boxes come with Windows 7 Embedded. So far the only way I have been able to access Windows is via the Crestron TS1051 touch screen. The BIOS seems to only talk to the touch screen as well. Maybe there is a jumper setting?

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
Was able to RDP in and look around using default Crestron credentials.. then it went black! lol

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
have a ton of stuff to share on these (including easier ways to flash firmware outside of using crestrons proprietary toolbox app) and the fact the "touchscreen only" output is just hdbase-t, but no clue when I'll have the time or motivation to type it up. kind of why I didn't make a thread yet :p (that, and it looks like ya'll have already doubled the price on them from 19.99 to 40+)

Reactions: Smedwardd

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
have a ton of stuff to share on these (including easier ways to flash firmware outside of using crestrons proprietary toolbox app) and the fact the "touchscreen only" output is just hdbase-t, but no clue when I'll have the time or motivation to type it up. kind of why I didn't make a thread yet :p (that, and it looks like ya'll have already doubled the price on them from 19.99 to 40+)
Please share..

Smedwardd

Jul 23, 2020
Just got some time to mess with this box a bit. It runs solid as a low power Linux box. Would love to experiment with Windows on it to take advantage of the HDMI in.