Toshiba 16TB Enterprise New $300

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
As far as I'm concerned Toshiba's warranty is useless. They will do anything and everything they can to beat you out of it and if you're persistent and do manage to get a bad drive replaced, you'll probably wait a year for it and you'll have to constantly ding them to make it happen. No Toshiba for me.

Reactions: Sleyk

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
As far as I'm concerned Toshiba's warranty is useless. They will do anything and everything they can to beat you out of it and if you're persistent and do manage to get a bad drive replaced, you'll probably wait a year for it and you'll have to constantly ding them to make it happen. No Toshiba for me.
Well, now I'm crossing my fingers extra hard that nothing happens to any of my Toshiba drives!

Reactions: Sleyk

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Well, now I'm crossing my fingers extra hard that nothing happens to any of my Toshiba drives!
I wish you luck. My ordeal turned into an obsession. I was determined that Toshiba was not going to get away with not honoring their warranty. They tried damn hard but I tried harder. To their credit, I was able to talk to a live person most of the times I called. Never mind that they lied to me along the lines of "Your replacement drive will ship out next week". It never did until one day, out of the blue, it showed up at my front door. It took over a year to get it, far too long to suit me.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Holy cr*p! A year is far too long to suit anyone I'm sure. Luckily, I only have two 4TB Toshiba drives although they are both only a couple months old.
Needless to say I haven't bought another Toshiba HD since. However, I do still have several still in operation. Nothing wrong with the drives themselves, just super sucky customer service.