UK ICX-7150-C10ZP-2X 10GR - £649 (used)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
OMFG this is easily the worst packaging i've ever seen in my whole life. It was packed in an oversized box, the rest of space filled with... wait for it... shredded paper!
The switch itself isn't even packaged in a plastic bag, the paper made it inside, it's gonna be the craziest cleanup procedure... I wonder if its even alive after all the banging around.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Im totally not opeing it up, this thing has a builtin PSU with charged caps. And paper all over the place. This is a fire and electric hazard. I've sent seller a message requesting pickup to bring it back home where it will go to ewaste. I'm not seeing anyone opening it up and cleaning all that paper out and testing it. Nope. Not happening. Ridiculous. Why the hell would anyone treat an expensive (or even not so expensive) gear like that? Holy cow.
Pictures later.

gustav9797

Dec 30, 2016
Maybe you could try blowing the paper pieces out with compressed air?
But I agree, thats not the optimal stuff to fill a box with..:rolleyes:

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
The fun continues with the seller trying to convince me "its okey bro relax". No i totally don't see how this is okay. It's not possible to take out the paper without opening it up. Now it's generally never recommended to open up the PSUs unless you know what you're doing, and this thing has PSU inside. And I'm not sure i would know what am I doing. And Im also not taking risks of this starting a fire or simply activating a fire alarm. I don't like magic smoke.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Seller ordered a DHL pickup and so the package is on the way back to him now. Very frustrated that I didnt get what I wanted.

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
I bet he will just relist the switch when its back, maybe open in up to remove paper bits but I believe there is only a 50% chance of that if it works without it.
Seller ordered a DHL pickup and so the package is on the way back to him now. Very frustrated that I didnt get what I wanted.
I know it sucks, but at least now you have a nice little "ebay" warstory, that you can hopefully laugh at in a while.

For me the best I have is a story of receiving NICs with visible corrosion.

• Haha
Reactions: tinfoil3d and Yunia