EU P3605 - 168€

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Take care:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The price includes 0% VAT. If you are NOT a company with valid VAT number of EU-member (example valid VAT ID: DE999999999) you must pay additional 23% VAT"

Reactions: Labs

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Eh. Thats ebay. How can the advertised price not be correct? Is that text really valid?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Commercial Seller, Non Vat Price... So unless you are VAT excluded (or from outside EU) they'll add it on top

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Commercial Seller, Non Vat Price... So unless you are VAT excluded (or from outside EU) they'll add it on top
Inside EU id assume they want to charge VAT yeah.
Im outside EU so no extra for me.

But price is still decent, buying it from a non-EU seller into EU and you will get the same VAT bill just from a diffrent source as it enters customs.

fl0w

Oct 28, 2015
Paris
A friend ordered a server from this seller 1 or 2 weeks ago, no VAT at any time.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
They probably "assume" you have a business - else its tax fraud on your end, not theirs;)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I assume in their mind it is the final price since they cater for vat capable businesses.
I am no lawyer but I am sure that somebody has to pay/be responsible for VAT in all cases, so its gotta be either them (which they won't do since they say business only) or the buyer (not saying they don't have a business ).

So yeah, most likely you can get around the VAT but it might not be strictly legal.
O/c it would be interesting to hear what ebay says to these auctions, this is not the only one.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
O/c it would be interesting to hear what ebay says to these auctions, this is not the only one.
Especialy in the auctions with text saying its not included VAT, but at the same time shipping tab has "Price displayed includes VAT."

Im in Europe outside EU and i generaly always do offers 25-40% below list with "ex.vat. export" as comment from the commercial sellers in EU that has offer available.
Regardless of what is mentioned around VAT they always do atleast VAT rate in reduction.

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
I'd be very sceptical that you'd be at fault for not paying any tax here. That is supposed to be handled by the seller. So eBay would have to take the blame for selling it in the wrong way. Just having a disclaimer down on the page simply isn't enough. At least for Swedish standards.

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
I assume in their mind it is the final price since they cater for vat capable businesses.
I am no lawyer but I am sure that somebody has to pay/be responsible for VAT in all cases, so its gotta be either them (which they won't do since they say business only) or the buyer (not saying they don't have a business ).

So yeah, most likely you can get around the VAT but it might not be strictly legal.
Its illegal to not show right next to the price, that VAT is not included, wether it is written somewhere in text or not. EU law.
So if they declare this "internal" w/o VAT, it's their offense. As customer from EU you pay that price and nothing more.

Reactions: sparx

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I called Ebay (DE), they said that the seller decides if there is a need to add VAT, it would be visible in the shopping cart (
it is not in this case).
According to them its the sellers responsibility to pay the VAT (and get it from you), so if there is any fraud (if not paid) its on the sellers side.

efschu3

Mar 11, 2019
And If this is not written right next (!) to the price, seller will never be able to get VAT from you. On this offer you must scroll down to even See it, so its against EU law.

Btw. I ordered one Form Germany. Will tell about SMART.

Edit: stupid autocompletion, kurwa.

fiftynine

May 12, 2020
How's the linux support? I have a fusion-io which requires a kernel module and doesn't support newer kernels..