1U 12 x 3.5" server barebone with 10GbE - $95 shipped

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Stumbled upon this and noted that it was half the price of the similar Chenbro model. Has a bonus of 2 x 2.5" slots (vs 1 on the Chenbro) and integrated 10GbE (SFP+). Motherboard look to be an Inventec B420GA0, which I've never heard of. There's very little info on either the motherboard or server, so who knows about the quality, but it sure is cheap. Also, if it isn't obvious, this thing won't be quiet and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Motherboard look to be an Inventec B420GA0, which I've never heard of
Inventec is a well-known Taiwanese ODM. I owned dozens of their boards (including many variants of this B420GA0) and I never had any problems with the hardware. But similar to other OEM products - do not expect any software support like BIOS and BMC updates.

Reactions: Samir

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
this is cute. Looks like it has an integrated SAS controller of some sort on the board

you could probably use non-ECC memory if you wanted to be daring.

Currently selling for $127 with no CPU though. STH effect.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
this is cute. Looks like it has an integrated SAS controller of some sort on the board

you could probably use non-ECC memory if you wanted to be daring.

Currently selling for $127 with no CPU though. STH effect.
The 25% off promo they had expired, so price went back up. Not something we did for once.

As for SAS, it has an integrated LSI 2008.

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
Has anyone updated the sad firmware on this to p20 from p16? We keep getting a pal error when trying non uefi flasher
I dont have this server, but from experiance that error is that you are trying to flash from a motherboard that does not support BIOS32 service directory feature. Then you have to use the UEFI version of sas2flsh (called sas2flash.efi for 6 Gb/sec, or sas3flash.efi for 12 Gb/sec) .

Reactions: Yunia and Sleyk