LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I read somewhere you can check cachecade statistic via one of these commands, does anyone knows which command will do this ?

Magnetic83

Jul 20, 2016
Hi,
i'm having compatibility problems with the LSI 9240-4i and i've documented myself for an entire week.
The only one choice seem to be crossflashing it to a 9122 in IR mode (for my needs).
I just need to find the Megarec utility and the related files.
Zanginator, in another post talk about a zip with all the files needed to perform this action but i can't find his package anymore called Sas2008.
Anyone of you can help me ?
Can anyone PM me the needed files to crossflashing ?

Thank you in advance.

cronos

Mar 29, 2020
How to flash a Dell/Fujitsu SAS3008 card IR with updated LSI firmware?
The LSI sas3flash tool checks the PCI Subsystem ID of the card and if it does not match it aborts flashing.

In my cases it is:
SSVID to check: 1734 - SSVID found 1000
SSDID to check: 1214 - SSDID found 30E0
Firmware Image Validation Failed!

Is there a hack to flash with the original manufacturer firmware?
After putting the LSI firmware in my Fujitsu card, now I can't see the model name of my card.

I found this:
How to flash a Dell SAS 6 IR with updated LSI firmware. : homelab

The cmd are:
sasflash -o -testssid 1734:1214 -f lx4hbaG0.fw -b b83700.rom
sasflash -b e180001.rom

But it doesn't work with sas3flash. "Invalid command testssid".

forumuserz

Apr 5, 2011
Is there MegaREC, MegaOEM, MegaSCU or Storcli that will work with the the 12Gb/s MegaRAID cards? Which utility can I use to backup the firmware, NVdata, SBR, etc for the 12Gb/s MegaRAID cards? I see there seem to be a Storcli version called Storclio that might be able to do this but I can't find the program anywhere. I would like to run storcli with the /cx Get commands.

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Hi all,
I need some help, please. I recently purchased a LSI IBM 9212-4i4e card for a Truenas build and want to make sure it has the most updated and correct firmware for ZFS installed. However, I mainly use Windows OS and have very little experience with Linux base/Command-Line. However, I want to try, but don't want to go in blind...so, I think I have located the correct firmware for "IT" mode on the Broadcom website and see several forms of documentation on how to flash using "Sas2flash.efi"?? or something like that. However, I can't seem to create the USB drive with the directories correctly so it runs and has what I need on it so I can simply just follow the instructions other people have posted on the internet which are supposed to complete the update/flash process. I wanted to see if someone would be willing to help me with building the USB on an Ubuntu machine with the correct dir's and then kind of give me a walkthrough/run down on the commands to enter I guess from the UEFI bootable USB drive??? to enter once loaded? I have read this forum post and it does mention some of this but nothing step by step that really answers my question. The card currently is installed in my Windows 10 machine with a MSI MEG-Z490 motherboard which does support UEFI and has it's own Shell?? program I think. Can someone help me please?
Thank you!
Truckin

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
Hi all,
I need some help, please. I recently purchased a LSI IBM 9212-4i4e card for a Truenas build and want to make sure it has the most updated and correct firmware for ZFS installed. However, I mainly use Windows OS and have very little experience with Linux base/Command-Line. However, I want to try, but don't want to go in blind...so, I think I have located the correct firmware for "IT" mode on the Broadcom website and see several forms of documentation on how to flash using "Sas2flash.efi"?? or something like that. However, I can't seem to create the USB drive with the directories correctly so it runs and has what I need on it so I can simply just follow the instructions other people have posted on the internet which are supposed to complete the update/flash process. I wanted to see if someone would be willing to help me with building the USB on an Ubuntu machine with the correct dir's and then kind of give me a walkthrough/run down on the commands to enter I guess from the UEFI bootable USB drive??? to enter once loaded? I have read this forum post and it does mention some of this but nothing step by step that really answers my question. The card currently is installed in my Windows 10 machine with a MSI MEG-Z490 motherboard which does support UEFI and has it's own Shell?? program I think. Can someone help me please?
Thank you!
Truckin
Can anyone help me with this?

mattr

Aug 1, 2013
I wrote a blog post years ago going through all that. It'll be a bit different for you since you're using linux and its a different card. All you need to do is create a bootable USB with the files I provide, add your firmware then perform a "downgrade" flash with your IT firmware. You obviously don't need the steps where you crossflash a different Dell firmware to then downgrade to an LSI firmware.

Truckin

Jun 4, 2021
I wrote a blog post years ago going through all that. It'll be a bit different for you since you're using linux and its a different card. All you need to do is create a bootable USB with the files I provide, add your firmware then perform a "downgrade" flash with your IT firmware. You obviously don't need the steps where you crossflash a different Dell firmware to then downgrade to an LSI firmware.

Thank you very much. I will look into this and see what I can come up with.
Truckin

Drohne

Aug 14, 2021
Does anyone have LSI_PreBoot_Installer .zip or .7z from LSI Pre-Boot USB tool Download ? Seems to error out on those 2 files on their FTP

Also are any of the programs in this thread capable of reporting the version information of a FW / Bios from file?
- ie I have some folders with 2108it.bin - but I don't know what version that is
We had to use a non-GUI service to fetch the files, i.e. wget(8) on Linux or fetch(8) on out FreeBSD servers. Just hovering over the link on Broadcom's website and save the URL, go to a console, type "fetch" and paste the saved URL.
This "trick" doesn't work anytime, we had to try several times before any attempt was successful.
But as far as it concerns our purpose, the content of the ISO is very much the same as of those USB flash drive images.

Drohne

Aug 14, 2021
Addendum:
Other than the search egines or headlines may suggest, in the LSI Pre-Boot USB/ISO tool downloads there is NO(!) MegaREC, if someone would expect the tool there.

batot

Jan 12, 2023
Is it possible flashing Fujitsu DS2616-A22 for version rom TI for get HBA controller?
Maybe somebody told my step by step how?

KonstantinG

Dec 26, 2020
Albany, WA
Got stuck on finding any commandline/gui tools whose could query my SAS2308 9205-8i (9207-8i) cards in IT mode in Windows 10.

What tools and version could manage 9205-8i and where they could be downloaded, LSI native or branded ones?