Is there an up to date guide for installing ipmiview on Linux?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I found one that's dated and the versions of the 2 files you download don't match. I'd rather not goof up if there's an up to date guide out there somewhere.

TIA :)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Yea, it will run like that but there's a couple of problems. The font is wonky and hard to read and KVM redirect doesn't work. Probably has something to do with Java. :(

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
Yea, it will run like that but there's a couple of problems. The font is wonky and hard to read and KVM redirect doesn't work. Probably has something to do with Java. :(
If memory serves, IPMIView just downloads the same Java JAR from the server that the web interface uses. If that's the case, I expect you'd have to figure out a way to pull out the 64-bit Java from IPMIView and substitute the 32-bit / x86 version instead. I'm struggling with that now (I figured out the web approach, not IPMIView).

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
If memory serves, IPMIView just downloads the same Java JAR from the server that the web interface uses. If that's the case, I expect you'd have to figure out a way to pull out the 64-bit Java from IPMIView and substitute the 32-bit / x86 version instead. I'm struggling with that now (I figured out the web approach, not IPMIView).
Seems like Java is always a PITA. :mad: