EU SOLD !! 2x 2.41TB - Fusion-io HP ioDrive2 Duo MLC PCIe

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Selling here my 2x 2.41TB Fusion-io HP ioDrive2 Duo. Asking for 222.00 EUR each excl. shipping if sold separately. Open for a serious offer. Cards can be easily used on Windows and Linux. Easy to set up.

Some specs:

Performance
  • Read Bandwidth (1MB): 3.0 GB/s
  • Write Bandwidth (1MB): 2.5 GB/s
  • Ran. Read IOPS (512B): 540,000
  • Ran. Write IOPS (512B): 1,100,000
  • Ran. Read IOPS (4K): 480,000
  • Ran. Write IOPS (4K): 490,000
  • Read Access Latency: 68us
  • Write Access Latency: 15us
Card 1 - Rated PBW: 17.00 PB

fct0
Lifetime data volumes:
Physical bytes written: 802,928,124,834,192
Physical bytes read: 368,482,608,292,032

fct1
Lifetime data volumes:
Physical bytes written: 778,427,150,022,680
Physical bytes read: 342,814,029,153,336

Card 2 - Rated PBW: 17.00 PB

fct 0
Lifetime data volumes:
Physical bytes written: 816,259,209,195,760
Physical bytes read: 381,425,387,864,040

fct1
Lifetime data volumes:
Physical bytes written: 975,983,894,372,208
Physical bytes read: 390,063,400,729,704

Accepting PayPal, Revolut and bank transfer. Shipping only to EU countries incl. the U with insurance and tracking.

If you have questions, just let me know.

ioDrive_Sale1.jpg

and

ioDrive_Sale2.jpg

Cards overview from fio-status -a

ioDrive2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradford and Samir

Bradford

May 27, 2016
I wish I was closer - how do you like these compare to optane? I need a high IO drive for an upcoming project, and this is a lot cheaper than the optane drives I see.

Reactions: gb00s and Samir

mmx01

Jan 17, 2020
Windows support is very good, you can easily use them as dynamic disks and stripe or mirror whichever you like for performance or reliability. I own previous generation ioDrive (1) and while obsolete > ESXI 6.7 it was quite good performance and 0 issues with Windows 10 machine. They work nicely in a workstation environment with sleep/hibernation which is a pain compared to raid cards disappearing after wake-up. Enterprise gear is SLC nand vs. consumer 3d nand woo-foo so while newest NVME drives could offer better net performance (with DRAM tricks and excl. small/random/latency workloads), ioDrives will last

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I wish I was closer - how do you like these compare to optane? I need a high IO drive for an upcoming project, and this is a lot cheaper than the optane drives I see.
I mostly used them as virtual machine host and storage to record L2 tick data from financial feeds and train them in real-time analyses. So mostly write-intensive workload.You can see it from the drive reports. Never had any i/o-delay even with huge data bursts coming through the feed. All the time as RAID10 under zfs and mdadm. I know someone had it as bfcache drive in Raid0 for a 100+TB pool.

Stupid question: are these any good as game or scratch drive?
Stupid answer ;) Why not? As a game drive would be an insult for the drive I guess.

How’s the Windows support? Thinking of getting one maybe as a game drive
Installed at the beginning once under Windows Server 2019. No probs. Can't remember from where I got the drivers. Used them under Linux and it's an easy setup with DKMS.

PS: .... not to mention they have PLP. That's why I used them for recording important data.

EDIT: ... also before someone complains. There's already a thread about 1.2TB versions of these drives. The's drives don't stay cool and people might get scared of temps around 60C on heavy load. Don't!! These drives go still easy with 80-85C before they limit down. Let them breathe with regular airflow and they are fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

mmx01

Jan 17, 2020
For mine (IBM branded) the driver provider was windows...

iodrv.jpg

And ioDrive 640GB is in fact 2x320GB which I set as stripe.

io.jpg

My is IBM branded and with extra SW I got various management options, update firmware, serve space etc.

ibm.jpg

Attachments

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
^^^ I wouldn't bother running the ioSphere software, you're just wasting system resources for the most part... everything you need to know is in the output of "fio-status -a"

As for the driver, yeah, they are properly signed, but they aren't anything that windows will support out of the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: gb00s

rootpeer

Oct 19, 2019
I think running it on Windows is as simple as going to: SanDisk Dell Support | Store and downloading and installing the exe, although I am not 100% sure. Maybe OP can try and confirm.

Running these on Linux is a bit iffy, you either need to be running RHEL/CentOS 7 or compile the driver from github sources: snuf/iomemory-vsl

I run one on Arch Linux LTS with snuf's DKMS driver. I have not had any problems with it but I am using it with ZFS and backing it up to mechanical storage just in case.

They are great, mine (in a Dell R720) performs better on 4K writes on ZFS than my 970 EVO 500GB nvme does on Threadripper. Edit: On ZFS at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and gb00s

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Sorry, saying they run iffy under Linux is not true. They are running simply on any Debian derivate as well. Proxmox, Invention, Zentyal or any Ubuntu. Just go the easy DKMS way and you will have no issues. I also had them running under Gentoo/Funtoo.

Yes SanDisk drivers on Windows will work fine.

Comparing them with EVOs is a ..... They have PLP, 60x times life expectancy, don't bent the knee while under load etc etc.

Easy cool drives.

Reactions: Samir and rootpeer

rootpeer

Oct 19, 2019
Sorry, saying they run iffy under Linux is not true
Well, iffy in the sense that the driver has to be built from source and there is no official development on the driver.

I think snuf's driver had some issues or bugs in the past but seems very stable now. Note that this could change with future kernel versions.

As I said, I am running one of these on Arch with kernels 5.4+ and everything seems more than fine. Iffy just means that there is no official support for new Linux kernels and distro versions.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
To be honest. WTF.

How you dare to 'warn' everyone in my sale thread for any possible driver issues in the future? If you are in the need for some attention, why don't you go somewhere else and leave your BS there.

Do you actually recognize how many things are sold through this platform here already being EoL and without any further driver support. Check the Brocade threads. Check Mellanox threads.

These cards are working perfectly fine under current Linux kernels and Windows versions and it's not your job or anyone's else to assume something you don't know until you have insider information.

So step aside and let me do my sale like everyone else here.

Thanks

Last edited:

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
I used one of mine as a game drive for Steam / GOG etc - it hasn't complained so far :)
I currently have my steam stuff on one as well. Moved it off my nvme when I wiped the MBR partition scheme and converted to GPT... it's just been sitting there ever since, nice and happy.

Reactions: gb00s and Samir