FS/FT - SFBayZFS's 2020-2021 home storage lab liquidation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
@Samir, thanks, and best wishes, and my deepest condolences.

@sfbayzfs, best wishes, and keep your head up, we are fighters, and cancer will not win.

After a tons of different treatment and operations I am happy, I am still not infected with Covid.

I'm tired of stupid irresponsible people. I was in an ambulance this week and I had to force 6 people not to sit right next to me because of fear of the risk of covid infection. Some were so stupid that they didn’t understand what I was talking about. One was so cheeky that I would go away (it is recommended to sit with my legs operated on anyway...), but I couldn’t know where to go there was not free space available. The stupidest is my physiotherapist, who makes a condescending statement about covid and spit on our government for safety measures. Disgusting.

Today I was talking to a cardiologist who has undergone Covid and he is working despite his high heart rate because they don’t have enough human resources. Despite the healing, he is very tired and his breathing is not 100% percent cured. He said, the covid infection causes thrombosis and heart attack in a lot of cases of patients, so it really isn’t a game.

I agree with financial problems, the chemo drugs are extremely expensive. For example 1 box (60 pills) of Votrient 400 mg (this blocks the reproductional procedure between synovial sarcoma cancer cells) full price costs 2200 USD / month, with payed social security fee of the state it is 7 USD.
Thank you.

And I too am tired of the stupid people. In fact, I am quite angry at them as their irresponsibility is why my father is gone. Spreading this disease is what put everyone in danger and those that have been careless have just been spreading it by not sitting still and the F away from everyone else.

Every single flight and almost every single leg, people are getting up and acting like normal despite FA instructions on distancing when deplaning. And yet, when they see this, they are not repeating the announcement to get people to comply. Short of pulling out a weapon and telling people to 'back off' I don't know what you're supposed to do. I guess I could wear a shirt that has a large 'CAUTION' and then the biohazard symbol, but then I wouldn't be allowed to fly, and the spreaders are perfectly fine---stupid, stupid, stupid!

My grand uncle who is also a physician and was one of my dad's best friends also has first hand experience with covid and is keeping up with the various after effects that seem to specifically target the neurological system. Heart tissue almost always shows a chance after infection in almost all cases, even asymptomatic.

Medical billing seems to be just a game. My brother luckily handles dealing with that (I pay what he tells me), but it's always interesting to see things billed out at $99,9999 and then completely written off by the insurance company and the provider. The real cashflow is far less than what is being billed. Still, I am very thankful for the care my parents both got. They both went in peace.

Last edited:

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Last time I shipped something 3U or 4U in that area via Fedex Ground, I think it was somewhere in the $60-$80 range, I'll just call it $60.
Since I'm home (Foster City) and I have a UPS account with deep discounts, if you want I can let you use it if it ends up being cheaper. I was able to ship a full R710 in the factory Dell box for $35 a few years back when I bought it, and I think that was with a weighed weight of 45lbs.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I've not been active here on the forums and saw this thread today. @sfbayzfs, @Marsh @Samir very sorry to hear what you are going thru with family health issues or lost a loved one . Best wishes to everyone going thru' the difficult times. Lot of my close family and friends are in health care and they are exhausted. It enrages me how some of the folks still deny or refuse to follow basic precautions.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Lot of my close family and friends are in health care and they are exhausted. It enrages me how some of the folks still deny or refuse to follow basic precautions.
I hate to hear how tired they are. :( I saw how hard my dad's nurses worked and their unbelievable amount of 'just caring' that they put in each day, each patient, each minute. If people could only see their faces, the faces of those of us that lost someone, the face of someone dealing with the stress of health issues of someone they care about--and just for one second empathize--people everywhere with a heart would use it and we would truly 'be in this together' the way all the marketing campaigns constantly claim we are--which we aren't, far from it sadly.

Reactions: sfbayzfs and Marsh

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Update - Apologies for shipping delays - more medical logistics have made me miss my planned dropoffs at Fedex and USPS yesterday and today, but I will definitely get there tomorrow.

IO shields acquired, and will now be included with X10 Xeon E3-1200 v3/v4 and Atom C2000 boards!
Some price drops, some new items added

Reactions: Bradford and altano

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
I'm still behind on replies, trying to catch up before I have to go to sleep - I also was only able to transport half of the packed packages to Fedex and USPS today, I will be able to send the rest tomorrow late afternoon.