EU [SOLD]HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini - Project TinyMiniMicro European Edition

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dreamsin

Oct 31, 2018
I hope I understood the question correctly.
It is really tiny, but I think it is a Winbond 25Q128FVSG

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
I hope I understood the question correctly.
It is really tiny, but I think it is a Winbond 25Q128FVSG
Yes, it is. I already found it on a youtube service video. Thanks for looking. :)

I have a programmer for that chip, I see pads for easy access next to it and it seems the bios is readable / modifiable. I only have two more questions:

1. Can you confirm that it is DDR4 RAM?
2. Can you confirm bios version (and ME Version)?

As for bios / ME version you can look in the bios and take note or maybe take a fast pic on that and post it? Here is a link from the Youtube clip that shows that:

It's not that hard and I have done it to a couple motherboards already. ;)

Lennong

Jun 8, 2017
After some reading and testing on a sample bios I can conclude the biosmod will not work. Issue stems from HP tech named 'HP Sure Start' that essentialy is an extra bios, with hidden info, that get copied to sequence and then reads main bios. If alter main bios, extra 'bios' will reset parts of main bios.

It will not work. Thanks for attention anyway. :)

/Lennart

aggelos.tselepis

Apr 18, 2017
Got my unit yesterday!! Loaded win10 and activated automatically! The only think i wish it could be included would be a tiny screw for the M2 nvme ssd!!!

Jul 30, 2017
They are incredibly tempting as a Jellyfin/Plex server. Anyone have experience with Jellyfin and QSV on these machines?