PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sanerrr1

Nov 7, 2020
Intel S2600CP, everything worked fine, but after the video card is forwarded to hyper-v server 2019, the PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps, what could be the matter?
I took out the memory strips in turn, started them without a video card and with another video card, changed the battery

rearranged the jumper in bios recovery, now 5 short signals, there is no picture on the monitor, checked the video card on another PC - it works

msauriol

Nov 11, 2020
Hey, I have the same board and it's doing the same since last week.
In my case, I have an intel sas raid card, and last week I tried to convert an img to iso with soft I got on the Net, and I chose physical drive 0 as output by mistake. It fried my raid card, cannot access it from any os, not even winpe.
I bought a sas key, rksas8, to enable the sas ports on the board but the onboard raid can't see the drives.
Anyway, the 2x6 beeps, I got when I activated vt in bios and when using hyperv.

I had a memory error in the bios, so I too played around with the ram.
In the end, hyperv and/or vt enabled, was causing my 2x6 beeps.

msauriol

Nov 11, 2020
Intel S2600CP, everything worked fine, but after the video card is forwarded to hyper-v server 2019, the PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps, what could be the matter?
I took out the memory strips in turn, started them without a video card and with another video card, changed the battery

rearranged the jumper in bios recovery, now 5 short signals, there is no picture on the monitor, checked the video card on another PC - it works
And if you reset the bios and have no video, did you try the onboard vga?

lovepraylove

Nov 19, 2021
I know this is an old thread but I am having this same issue after installing dual CPUs (E5-4620) in my server board and enabling VT. I get a few boots to work then it reverts to 6 beeps twice. Only fix is to pull CMOS battery and reset BIOS. Does anyone have a fix for this

beepboopbeep

Jul 20, 2022
Yes. This is an old thread. But it's the top google search result. And I am here to share my experience. I registered on this forum just to make this post, after I'm done, I'm gone. I too have an S2600CP, and I too have experienced the exact same problem. Since this platform is roughly 10 years old, it was only validated on Server 2008 and Server 2012. I installed Server 2019, and as soon as you install the HYPER-V role and/or service, the next time you reboot, your system will hang and beep 6 times, the only way to get past this, is to clear the CMOS. You can enable Virtualization in the BIOS, and get back into Windows. Heck, you can even deploy your VM's, and they will work. But if your server EVER reboots, it will hang and POST, and beep 6 times. There's something about Server 2019 and this motherboard that don't play well together. Personally, it was too much hassle. I simply re-installed the server with Server 2016, and everything seems to be working just fine. (Server 2012 ran on this machine for 10 years with no problems, also).