ES Xeon Discussion

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Micro

Oct 20, 2019
Good news, I was able to get multiple cores unlocked to the full 2.8-3.2ghz with a few tweaks to the CPU C/P states and was able to preserve most of the energy savings/idling to ensure that I wasn't running hot all the time. Thankfully none of it required playing with the BLCK settings. Screenshot attached.
Also be aware that with the Asus Sage C621E, if on the "Performance Tuning" tab, you have "Core Optimizer" set to "enabled", it locks the CPUs to their "all-core turbo" frequency.

Reactions: RolloZ170

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
Hi fellas. I was wondering if there is some table around with a compatibility table for ES processors. E.g. motherboard 1 --> supports ESs with bios X, motherboard 2 ---> supports ESs with any bios, etc etc...

Otherwise one risks asking here a question that has been answered on this same thread some fifty pages back... Moreover, sometimes you just find an interesting ES processor on ebay, and just want to know which mobo actually supports it.

Thanks!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Moreover, sometimes you just find an interesting ES processor on ebay, and just want to know which mobo actually supports it.
the Seller of the ES processer should know the compatibility, most sellers know that and provide modded bios if needed.
if not ask a question that has been answered on this thread before, there are worse things than that.

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
the Seller of the ES processer should know the compatibility, most sellers know that and provide modded bios if needed.
if not ask a question that has been answered on this thread before, there are worse things than that.
Thanks. I think you all know better than some vendors.

Xeon Gold QL1M. I was wondering if it could work with the X11SPA, but any workstation oriented lga3647 would do.

Thanks!

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Xeon Gold QL1M. I was wondering if it could work with the X11SPA, but any workstation oriented lga3647 would do.
Thanks!
QL1M is a well known 16 core. supported by X11 UP Family (X11SPi-TF, X11SPL-F, X11SPM-F/TF/TPF, and all other UP models)
i had this recently running on a X11SPM-F bios 2.x
update:
you should know: supermicro has removed SKL ES support from bios in rev. 3.x and up because of new cascade lake microcodes.
there is no bios 2.x available for the X11SPA because it is a very new board(2019).
some seller provide a modded bios 3.0 with SKL ES support for selected boards, you have to ask the seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: balnazzar

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
QL1M is a well known 16 core. supported by X11 UP Family (X11SPi-TF, X11SPL-F, X11SPM-F/TF/TPF, and all other UP models)
i had this recently running on a X11SPM-F bios 2.x
update:
you should know: supermicro has removed SKL ES support from bios in rev. 3.x and up because of new cascade lake microcodes.
there is no bios 2.x available for the X11SPA because it is a very new board(2019).
some seller provide a modded bios 3.0 with SKL ES support for selected boards, you have to ask the seller.
That's useful information. Thanks!

harvman5

Sep 3, 2020
Hi all,
Looking to build a new system with one of the Xeon gold cpus on Ebay. Currently I have a 2683v3 x99 system that I built four years ago. I want to use either a x11spl-f or epc621d8a motherboard. I am aware that Skylake ES2 will work with the Supermicro board with a bios downgrade. Will a skylake QS with a HO stepping work with bios over 3.0? Also will Cascade lake ES2 work with either of the motherboards listed? thanks

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Hi all,
Looking to build a new system with one of the Xeon gold cpus on Ebay. Currently I have a 2683v3 x99 system that I built four years ago. I want to use either a x11spl-f or epc621d8a motherboard. I am aware that Skylake ES2 will work with the Supermicro board with a bios downgrade. Will a skylake QS with a HO stepping work with bios over 3.0? Also will Cascade lake ES2 work with either of the motherboards listed? thanks
real QS are prod.units with only ES bit set, they are supported. if CPU-Z shows the name(brand string) of the processor, you have a QS.
Cascade lake ES2 share same cpuid with the prod. units and are supported too, of course only with bios 3.0 and up.
the supermicro x11spl supportsmax 165W TDP cpu, keep that in mind.

Reactions: balnazzar

Fray Mad

Aug 19, 2020
Madrid, España.
the X11DAi-N and X11DPi-N(T) does NOT support skylake ES processors like the QL1F.
there is a modded bios for the X11DPi-N(T) board, maybe the same can be done for the X11DAi-N
Hi, congratulations on your contributions to this forum. I see that you spend time helping and that is very valuable ....

I have the same problem with a Supermicro X11DPi-NT. In my case I need BIOS for QJW0 (CPUID 050651h) and you seem to know where to get it. Could you help me with it?

I don't have enough knowledge to modify the BIOS that I have.

I can access the BIOS update menu through IPMI, I have the key. I just need a BIOS that recognizes the QJW0.

Thanks and best regards.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I have the same problem with a Supermicro X11DPi-NT. In my case I need BIOS for QJW0 (CPUID 050651h) and you seem to know where to get it. Could you help me with it?
the available modded bios 2.0b for the X11DPi-N(T) supports SKL ES CPUID 50652. i don't know if there is support for 50651 too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fray Mad

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
If anyone knows how to mod the 3.0 bios (and if it just adding microcode) or have a modded bios from seller, please share.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
If anyone knows how to mod the 3.0 bios (and if it just adding microcode) or have a modded bios from seller, please share.
it would help to know which motherboard is involved and which processor should run.

Fray Mad

Aug 19, 2020
Madrid, España.
If you mean MB X11DPi-NT with QJW0 , when I get a working BIOS, I'll put it here or wherever the moderator says. I won't be able to test it until this weekend.