HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mleone87

Sep 19, 2017
Hi there!
Really interested in a bunch of there, maybe 5... the problem is that I'm in europe! Anyone received them and lives in europe?

Thanks!

Reactions: Samir

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
Still around €400,- including shipping, I paid around €200,- Including shipping and customs duties to the EU for my EC200a from the US.
that one is 8c/16t comparing with 4c/8t one from the US. The price is decent/great.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Still around €400,- including shipping, I paid around €200,- Including shipping and customs duties to the EU for my EC200a from the US.
The ServerO guys quoted 18 GBP shipping from the UK to Rennes (France), and even with a 20% VAT applied that comes out to around 452 EUR (which can be waived if you have a UK customs and excise/tax ID). I am not sure if inbound tariffs apply on the continental European end since the UK/EU withdrawal agreement (if one exists...looks more likely that they'll be kicked out with a no-deal...in which case, prevailing WTO tariffs) does not kick in until after Dec 31st of this year.

That 250 Euro premium gets you double the CPU cores (that's a Xeon-D 1537 instead of the 1518 since this is a TM200A and not an EC200A), a single 8GB DIMM and 2 drive caddies, and it's a ready-to-play machine. You can't get an E200-8D or E200-9D for that pricing in Europe.

Last edited:

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Erm, that's me in that About Us page.... if you need any questions answering on the machine offered, want photos etc, just ask. Sorry for the lack of extra info or photos on the website, we've been re-branding (We previously traded as 3d System Sales Ltd - Servero Limited, and have been around since 2003) so new site is catching up and back end tasks mean even simple things like stock photos are on the to do list.

In addition to the first box, we also have : ProLiant TM200 D1537 Server

& ProLiant TM200 D1518 Server

But these machines are not our specialty (Supermicro is), so if you mention STH I'll deduct £50 ex TAX on any of the prices shown if you mention STH - I'd be happy to move them on fast.

Reactions: Samir and Mixpower

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Erm, that's me in that About Us page.... if you need any questions answering on the machine offered, want photos etc, just ask. Sorry for the lack of extra info or photos on the website, we've been re-branding (We previously traded as 3d System Sales Ltd - Servero Limited, and have been around since 2003) so new site is catching up and back end tasks mean even simple things like stock photos are on the to do list.

In addition to the first box, we also have : ProLiant TM200 D1537 Server

& ProLiant TM200 D1518 Server

But these machines are not our specialty (Supermicro is), so if you mention STH I'll deduct £50 ex TAX on any of the prices shown if you mention STH - I'd be happy to move them on fast.
Oh yeah, I was curious as to why the communications board is sold in that weird fashion...some SKUs have it, some doesn't. Does the M2 machines come with the drive caddies, or is it strictly the SATA ones?

Any material differences on the TM200s versus the EC200A? Kind of curious whether HPe made the chassis out of metal instead of metallized plastic and whether there are more vents cut out on the chassis for cooling (kind of an issue on the EC200As)

Also...you won't happen to have a US subsidiary, would ya? Would love to leverage it for faster shipping.
Any STH deals on the Supermicro E300-8Ds (Xeon-D 1518), E300-9Ds (Xeon-D 2123IT) or the E301-9Ds (Epyc 3251)?

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Oh yeah, I was curious as to why the communications board is sold in that weird fashion...some SKUs have it, some doesn't. Does the M2 machines come with the drive caddies, or is it strictly the SATA ones?

Any material differences on the TM200s versus the EC200A? Kind of curious whether HPe made the chassis out of metal instead of metallized plastic and whether there are more vents cut out on the chassis for cooling (kind of an issue on the EC200As)

Also...you won't happen to have a US subsidiary, would ya? Would love to leverage it for faster shipping.
Any STH deals on the Supermicro E300-8Ds (Xeon-D 1518), E300-9Ds (Xeon-D 2123IT) or the E301-9Ds (Epyc 3251)?
Of the 3 different models we have, only the Q7L02A model shipped with the SATA caddys inside it. We did have someone contact us to say that the other performance models should have had them, so it may be the stock we brought had been partially robbed for spare parts and why we listed the specifics on the product pages.

Photo's show the 2 different internals depending on whether they have the communications board and or SATA hdd bays.

Shipping from us in the UK to USA would take 48 hours with DHL Express service, free of charge......... :)

SM pricing in the UK would not be attractive to someone in the USA - our currency is currently in the toilet and as SM price kit in $$ to us, it costs us more to buy in at the moment. Sorry!

Attachments

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Of the 3 different models we have, only the Q7L02A model shipped with the SATA caddys inside it. We did have someone contact us to say that the other performance models should have had them, so it may be the stock we brought had been partially robbed for spare parts and why we listed the specifics on the product pages.

Photo's show the 2 different internals depending on whether they have the communications board and or SATA hdd bays.

Shipping from us in the UK to USA would take 48 hours with DHL Express service, free of charge......... :)

SM pricing in the UK would not be attractive to someone in the USA - our currency is currently in the toilet and as SM price kit in $$ to us, it costs us more to buy in at the moment. Sorry!
Hm...damn. Would love to have a Q7L02A with the 4 port communications board - it's the choice between having SATA caddies, or getting an extra 8GB DIMM and the comms board but lose the caddies for 133 GBP. Anyways, hope this moves the sales needles for you guys. Always appreciate a seller who participates on the STH forums...

microserf

May 20, 2019
Sorting through drivers. Does anyone have a compatible driver file for this device?

"Unknown device"
Hardware ID: ACPI\VEN_HWPE&DEV_0001
I put Server 2019 on it to see how things handled and have the same issue. Matrox G200eH, iLO 4 core, and iLO 4 channel interface drivers are installed. ProLiant Agentless Management service too :rolleyes:. Did you find out what it is?

tjsgifan

Nov 20, 2015
Hi All,

Unfortunately for those in the USA, as the systems are Made in China, they would attract a heavy import tariff charge at the moment - I believe in the region of between 25-30% (could change at any time). We are happy to ship the systems anywhere else in the world but it is the buyers responsibility to pay any local custom or duty charges incurred.

Thanks,

Toby.