eBay: Brocade ICX7150-C12P (fanless 12x1GbE copper 2x10GbE SFP+) - $180 BO + $10 shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aleph1

Jun 21, 2018

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
Very Nice! I wouldn't use it as my main switch simply because its not rack mount and I am unusually obsessed with everything being bolted to a rack and taking up the entire slot. I'll have to keep an eye out for a ICX-7250 for that.

However that little break out switch in the back of the house (Was a Ubiquiti US-8-60W) I think if I get @$150 like @int0x2e mentioned, thats not a bad price to upgrade that switch and bring in into the same feature set as the rest of my infrastructure.

For now I will leave the 1gb ethernet connecting the switches, but this also lets me upgraded to 10gb fiber between them :)

Last edited:

RTM

Jan 26, 2014
Nice, I am not a fan of the whole "use SFP's at 10G without having the proper license", but I suppose I can make do without, so I am in for one :)

EngineerNate

Jun 3, 2017
Very Nice! I wouldn't use it as my main switch simply because its not rack mount and I am unusually obsessed with everything being bolted to a rack and taking up the entire slot. I'll have to keep an eye out for a ICX-7250 for that.

However that little break out switch in the back of the house (Was a Ubiquiti US-8-60W) I think if I get @$150 like @int0x2e mentioned, thats not a bad price to upgrade that switch and bring in into the same feature set as the rest of my infrastructure.

For now I will leave the 1gb ethernet connecting the switches, but this also lets me upgraded to 10gb fiber between them :)
I'm the same boat. I was just going to demote my current ToR switch to upstairs network closet duty and just hang it on the wall by it's ears but for $150, this thing is fanless and has enough ports. I just want it to run 5-6 IP cameras and possibly an AP or two.

I was considering just running fiber up there but I think I'll run at least one drop of CAT6a so that if I ever move out the new owners don't cuss me. Can't assume everyone is as crazy as I am.:p

EngineerNate

Jun 3, 2017
I offered $145 but I guess enough of you offered $150 that the seller didn't even bother counteroffering my offer. :p:(

am45931472

Feb 26, 2019
I'm the same boat. I was just going to demote my current ToR switch to upstairs network closet duty and just hang it on the wall by it's ears but for $150, this thing is fanless and has enough ports. I just want it to run 5-6 IP cameras and possibly an AP or two.

I was considering just running fiber up there but I think I'll run at least one drop of CAT6a so that if I ever move out the new owners don't cuss me. Can't assume everyone is as crazy as I am.:p
Not Crazy. I'm in the process of building a house and just spent the weekend doing about 45 cat6a drops and 4 Single mode and 4 Multi mode fiber runs all home run to a basement patch panel. Took 3000ft of cat6a cable. things get crazy when runs start to get to 150-200ft long.

EngineerNate

Jun 3, 2017
Well I did cut a bunch of holes in my walls to run conduit, and I think to my wife at least that qualifies as crazy. ;)

She's very patient.

am45931472

Feb 26, 2019
Well I did cut a bunch of holes in my walls to run conduit, and I think to my wife at least that qualifies as crazy. ;)

She's very patient.
Yeah, I had conduit in my plans but ran out of time to do it. Also there are some real fire code issues with conduit. Fire code generally prevents open air shafts. The wife here thought 45 drops was crazy, but its a big house. and we have a tivo which is all network driven.

EngineerNate

Jun 3, 2017
Generally (Check with your AHJ) you're required to seal around the exterior of the conduit if it's a fire rated wall (a lot of residential isn't except for the garage wall) but I don't think there's generally a requirement for the interior of the conduit to be sealed.

I'm running EMT... It'll hold up long after the wooden structure is toast.

I am fireblocking the exterior of the conduit at every floor/attic penetration.

Reactions: am45931472

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Dang I keep missing these! I would love to get one to couple with my Ruckus AP.
Yeah that tends to happen a lot seeing as this sub-forum is 100% public.

Personally if I was the big boss I would have this sub-forum only available to registered logged-in users with at least 1 year of membership and at least 10 posts on their belt. There's a few other forums out there that have 'great-deals' sections and they've implemented similar measures ;) - keeps a community very happy.

ps. but if we did have that filter, then the OP wouldn't be able to post here because he has less than 10 posts as of right now, at least in this particular deal's case, chicken and egg I guess, maybe having a general great-deals, and a loyal-members great-deals section is a more complete solution, hmmmm I bet there is one hiding away here where the senior staff have all the fun lol

Last edited:

aleph1

Jun 21, 2018
Yeah that tends to happen a lot seeing as this sub-forum is 100% public.

Personally if I was the big boss I would have this sub-forum only available to registered logged-in users with at least 1 year of membership and at least 10 posts on their belt. There's a few other forums out there that have 'great-deals' sections and they've implemented similar measures ;) - keeps a community very happy.

ps. but if we did have that filter, then the OP wouldn't be able to post here because he has only 8 posts, at least in this particular deal's case, chicken and egg I guess, maybe having a general great-deals, and a loyal-members great-deals section is a more complete solution, hmmmm I bet there is one hiding away here where the senior staff have all the fun lol
My guess is that this sub-forum is public (at least partly) because of SEO. STH comes up organically in my searches pretty often (it's how I found it in the first place!), and a good chunk of the useful information is hidden away in multi-year deal threads; they'd be a lot harder to find if they weren't public/indexable.

Reactions: Dreece and int0x2e

int0x2e

Dec 9, 2015
I realize this might very well be difficult or impossible to achieve using an off the shelf forums system, but I think what could really help is to have signed in users see the full up-to-date info but restrict anonymous users to a delayed version (so valid members get to see deals in real time but others see it a day later). Don't quote me on the specifics, but I think that could help.

Reactions: Dreece

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
It's Xenforo, a great extensible framework, give me a few minutes in the backend and I can put in a filter no problem. (definitely sounds wrong lol)

Spearfoot

Apr 22, 2015
This was a good deal. And the only others on offer at eBay start at $360 and go 'way up from there! Which is ironic, considering you can buy a new one at provantage for $375.58:c12p-2x1g.jpg

Reactions: tommybackeast

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
got mine and it's defected :(, plug in power all light blink once in orange and then dead.