FS: Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex PCIe 4.0 Dual 100GbE

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
USPS money orders or Google Wallet preferred as PayPal fees add up. Will also entertain trades since I like new toys and rotate through hardware regularly. I think my reputation should help: Heatware

Like the title states, I have a few Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex NICs. They are Dell OEM, though identical to retail. These are the "Ex" variant, so you get PCIe 4.0 connectivity for full line rate (the PCIe 3.0 ones cannot do 200Gbit) along with lower latency, not to mention the usual stuff like RDMA, NVMe over fabric, etc. They also support lower link rates (50, 40, 25, 10, and 1gbit) if you need that. I only have the low profile bracket for them, however the tall ones are readily available on eBay or directly from Mellanox.

$475 shipped each - 0 Available - All sold

I also have some spare SR4 QSFPs (100G). I can include one with the card if desired at no cost.

Last edited:

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Is this part of your job or do you have one hell of a homelab?
Professionally, I'm a software engineer in the financial sector, so not quite. I have a bit on the side, including taking care of someone's colo (and get a free rack/power/bandwidth out of it which helps), however I think my permanent setup is fairly modest compared to a lot of people on here (maybe except for the ~400TB in hard drives).

I have a habit of buying too much stuff on eBay, some of which I never use. I've had a few giveaway threads (why did I buy this?) on account of that and need to do it again (like the 3PAR T800 sleds with SAS drives that have been in my closet for 5 years). In full disclosure, I do sometimes get good deals on hardware, play with them until bored, and resell them for a profit, to further fund my hobby.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Now I know who won that auction ;)

Still too pricy for my blood, but GLWS!
Not surprised someone else on here was bidding on that. I don't need all of them, so selling a few to help pay for the rest.

Always open to trades if you want one but don't want to spend the cash.

Reactions: Samir

moniker

May 12, 2016
Thanks! Just wanted to double check, RoCE will work great for most peoples' use cases. Good luck with the sale!

Reactions: Samir

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Added some 100G QSFPs for those that want optics.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
What kind of motherboards supports pcie 4.0? Is it only AMD boards?
Yeah, Intel doesn't have anything that's PCIe 4.0 out currently. The cards are backwards compatible though, so no issues with PCIe 3.0 (however you can't get full 200gbit bandwidth).

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
Each card now includes a 100G QSFP to get you going.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
if I can talk one of my clients into deploying the HA 6wind setup they've been on the fence about I could use two of these, wish me luck