Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
that batch file thinggy didn't work for the runing board ;( i guess s3 sleep will only work with the newest chinese boards ;(

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
If a board has a data capturing chip on it, it wouldn't be to collect credit card info. It would be to simply spy on foreign and domestic governments.

Reactions: wildpig1234

kagurazakakotori

Mar 5, 2017
Some of these motherboards actually use H61/Q65/B75 chipsets (Yes Chinese craftsmen have made it possible to use these chipsets with lga2011 CPUs). Stay away from these boards as they have some compatibility issues like not supporting ECC LRDIMMs and/or 12-core CPUs and stability issues.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Some of these motherboards actually use H61/Q65/B75 chipsets (Yes Chinese craftsmen have made it possible to use these chipsets with lga2011 CPUs).
Some of them even B85 (haswell) chipset now. Luckily memory support and core support does not relate to north bridge anyhow. Sometimes boards are just faulty, and QA of them is bit lower than from Asus for example.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Some of them even B85 (haswell) chipset now. Luckily memory support and core support does not relate to north bridge anyhow. Sometimes boards are just faulty, and QA of them is bit lower than from Asus for example.
Would be cool if they can make a board supporting v1, v2, and v3 cpu....lol

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Would be cool if they can make a board supporting v1, v2, and v3 cpu....lol
Chinese build boards with h310 that support all 7-9 gens of CPU, what is absolutely impossible according to intel pr department. And Coffemod showed that limiting factor is BIOS support and Intel ME that effectivly blocking any "unsupported" processors (like Xeons or next gen same die CPUs). I would not surprised if motherboard that support all 3 gen of 2011 is actually possible to build and select generation just by swapping BIOS on it.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Chinese build boards with h310 that support all 7-9 gens of CPU, what is absolutely impossible according to intel pr department. And Coffemod showed that limiting factor is BIOS support and Intel ME that effectivly blocking any "unsupported" processors (like Xeons or next gen same die CPUs). I would not surprised if motherboard that support all 3 gen of 2011 is actually possible to build and select generation just by swapping BIOS on it.
lol. I will also need to check again but i think even the socket might be a little different between v3 and v2/v1 ? maybe not?

kagurazakakotori

Mar 5, 2017
B85 chipset is mainly used on 2011-3 boards, some sellers might call it X99. And yes, most of the failure was caused by quality issues. Also, in Chinese forums, these boards are believed to use "recycled" chipset desoldered from old boards, this might be the cause.

kagurazakakotori

Mar 5, 2017
It seems impossible because LGA 2011-3 actually got more pins than LGA 2011 while 7-9 gen desktop cores all use LGA 1151 rev2. I think the v1/v2 and v3/v4 E5 cpus are physically incompatible. The only possible thing is to use DDR3 memory with v3 cpus, and there are such products on market like HUANANZHI(华南金牌) X99-TF which provides both DDR3 and DDR4 memory slots for v3 cpus.

kthree

Feb 18, 2018
Having an issue with the PlexHD x79 motherboard and a nvme ssd in the M.2 slot.
Windows will become stuttery until re-starting the machine.

Might be due to sharing SATA ports? But doesnt seem to be any details about it.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Run benchmark, check the thermals, but it might be as well bad psu, bad pcie or bad capacitor on mb.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
I cannot figure out the header pins for the x99 motherboard. Can someone share what they have? (eg the pwr, rst, HDD LED, Sys LED)