15 slot backplane

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
ISO this packplane

Linkreal 15 slot 6gps sas/SATA Backplane.

But on Alibaba I have to buy like 1000pce and I only ned 3.

Is there a place there I can buy just 3?
Or another replacement product that do he trick.

I like the fan headers that I can power the chassis fans form, and it's just a pcb I can mount on standoff. Need the power and sas cable to be as flush to the board as possible.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Why do you want that specific backplane? Backplanes are chassis specific and you won't be able to just mount it anywhere. If you're going to be running this outside of a chassis (not that I see how easily), old Supermicro ones are cheap and readily available on eBay.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
Casue it just the pcb, an I'm replacing other backplanes, I need it to be 15 sata slot pcb to fit.

I'm currently upgrade a Storinator45 ant it has 9 5x sata2 mutliplyer that need to go.

A 15 slot backplane will fitt perfectly.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
You checked the measurements on this backplane and verified that the drive connectors line up correctly with your chassis? I'm also not sure what you mean by mounting holes on one side? A hole, by definition, goes through and therefore isn't directional.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
The reason for high MOQ is that the backplane is built to order - no units exist until a week or so after you wire a few thousand bucks to China. You may try ordering sample units before your "real order". But even if they have any in stock and would be willing to sell samples - be prepared to pay a few hundred dollars for the express shipping on top of already higher sample unit price. That's pretty standard practice from my experience.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
You checked the measurements on this backplane and verified that the drive connectors line up correctly with your chassis? I'm also not sure what you mean by mounting holes on one side? A hole, by definition, goes through and therefore isn't directional.
My idea is to lay It flat in the case bottom.
But I need to have a way to mount.
The SM boeas has just holes on one side of the board, a hole go through, I know that, but I need hole on both sides. Search one up you then see what I mean.

There's maybe possible to make a hole at the small things that sticks out. But not sure. If this is a multilayer pcb that may not be a way.

I maybe order one to make a test fit.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
The reason for high MOQ is that the backplane is built to order - no units exist until a week or so after you wire a few thousand bucks to China. You may try ordering sample units before your "real order". But even if they have any in stock and would be willing to sell samples - be prepared to pay a few hundred dollars for the express shipping on top of already higher sample unit price. That's pretty standard practice from my experience.
OK, a sample board that put me down 500$ each is not an option. Is just looking for an online store that sells them so u can buy 3 or another board that I can use.

The supermicro board is a candidate but it has just has holes on the top side of the board, and a way to fit in my case is then a more difficult task to do.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
You could see if anyone is offering them on Aliexpress? I would be sure to get at least a CAD model before ordering so you can accurately gauge things. Won't do you much good if you make it fit in the chassis, but now your drive bays are not aligned after all.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
You could see if anyone is offering them on Aliexpress? I would be sure to get at least a CAD model before ordering so you can accurately gauge things. Won't do you much good if you make it fit in the chassis, but now your drive bays are not aligned after all.
Yeah that true..
Aliexpress have non offering :)
I only find the SM and the Link real that have this backplane.
IBM have a proprietary connector.
Dell have 12 and 24 slots.

UhClem

just another Bozo on the bus
Jun 26, 2012
NH, USA
... I'm currently upgrade a Storinator45 ant it has 9 5x sata2 mutliplyer that need to go. ...
Have you explored the fit/suitability of the 15-slot backplanes used in the new/current Storinator45's (which appear to use conventional connections [sff-8482/4])?

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
Have you explored the fit/suitability of the 15-slot backplanes used in the new/current Storinator45's (which appear to use conventional connections [sff-8482/4])?
Yeah I have. The sff8492/4 is proprietary connector that only 45drive deliver.
They are mounted in the bottom metal sheet, and I have tried to contact them multiple times but they don't reply. The sata connector is different than the one bought on Aliexpress/ebay cause they are put in from behind the metal bracket and 2 screws is holding it in place form the top.
Have tired to get hold of the metal bracket and cables whit no luck, then I have to it another way

If you referd to the Sunrih Tech S-331 board: the board is also using a port multiplyer solution, the 6gbps is shared to 5 HDDs.
i like it 1 to 1 so i can use full bandwidth to each disk.

Last edited:

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
i have looked into the possebility to use the Supermicro Backplane, but i'm struggeling to find the PCB measurement online.

DanOVe

Aug 19, 2019
Yeah... The backplane has arrived.
And the sata/sas port spacing is different.
I even may fit 16 and not 15 hdd's in the row

Have to make another metal rack to fit the new spacing. Meybe cut the bar and 3d print something on the top ho hold hdd's in place.