Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware Request

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tim111

Jan 9, 2019
This firmware is for the dual port model. Do you know how I can update the single port card with 2.11.2010 but keep the old ini file?
I cannot find a way to use the 2.11.2010 bin file with another ini. I would probably need the mlx file which is not available anywhere.
From what I understand dual port single port are the same chips just one less actual port. firmware should be the same.

Labs

Mar 21, 2019
Labs I am not sure what you mean about not changing ini file. My script can extract ini file from firmware then you can modify it and create new firmware. command for connectx-2 flint -d mt26428_pci_cr0 dc "you're-name.ini" on windows 10. Also be very careful about changing .ini file as you could mess up you're card. Only thing i ever changed is psid for cross flashing.
I have the ini file already. I don't have the .mlx file for that version to create a bin and I don't think it was ever released. It was probably made available only to OEMs. Only the .bin file exists for 2.11.2010 and 2.11.2012.
I want to use the bin file with version 2.11.2010 and update the configuration inside.

Labs

Mar 21, 2019
From what I understand dual port single port are the same chips just one less actual port. firmware should be the same.
Yes, that's correct. If you flash the .bin from a dual port card to a single port card you will see 2 ports after reboot and I don't want that.

Tim111

Jan 9, 2019
Yes, that's correct. If you flash the .bin from a dual port card to a single port card you will see 2 ports after reboot and I don't want that.
I see. So what changes are you making? and I take it that you're not talking about a sun brand card correct.

Labs

Mar 21, 2019
I see. So what changes are you making? and I take it that you're not talking about a sun brand card correct.
The card is IBM branded and I wanted to run the latest firmware available for some tests. I only disabled the second port and also the BAR memory I set it to 1MB. In rest is the same.