Dual Xeon-D

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Don’t know how true it is but I have been told building your own custom boards/systems becomes viable at 10,000 units in a year in terms of volume.

MONTREAL-COMPUTERS

May 20, 2020
Hi guys ,

We have another 25 of these up . they came from supermicro server configuration and the reason was the stand off was not right . supposedly they are working .

int0x2e

Dec 9, 2015
I agree. 50-100 may be okay for the brave, but 400 is way too high...

Last edited:

mimino

Nov 2, 2018
4 have been sold. Wonder what kind of BO the seller would accept. ~325 USD is way too much to risk.

MONTREAL-COMPUTERS

May 20, 2020
Ok wait for info guys i will try to test the boards so far i tried one and the indicator kept on jumping from 0 - 3 -5 . motherboard powered on .

fake-name

Feb 28, 2017
If I could get one for <$100, I'd give it a poke. It sounds like a fun project and it wouldn't be the first bizarro board I've bought and played with.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
If I could get one for <$100, I'd give it a poke. It sounds like a fun project and it wouldn't be the first bizarro board I've bought and played with.
Yeah, lot of folks here would probably give it a try at <$100. Lot of users here seem to fit the Bizarro-R-Us label when it comes to buying hardware :cool:

I'm a sucker for bizarro stuff myself

andreathing

May 5, 2020
I just took a look at the picture and saw a JTAG connector for the FPGA. A good sign that this is super funky stuff.
I also saw the MAC address label that indicates the two MACs as referring to "node 0" and "node 1", and a doulbe reset switch. So i think this is two nodes on a single board.

I would pull the trigger if it where cheaper and if shipping cost weren't too high. If someone from Europe wants to team up to reduce shipping cost end maybe get a discount from the seller I'm open to it.

bob_dvb

Sep 7, 2018
Not quite London
www.orbit.me.uk
I just took a look at the picture and saw a JTAG connector for the FPGA. A good sign that this is super funky stuff.
I also saw the MAC address label that indicates the two MACs as referring to "node 0" and "node 1", and a doulbe reset switch. So i think this is two nodes on a single board.

I would pull the trigger if it where cheaper and if shipping cost weren't too high. If someone from Europe wants to team up to reduce shipping cost end maybe get a discount from the seller I'm open to it.
It has two mini-PCIe which would be enough for me with those SFP+. I see it has an RJ-45 and I presume that's just for basic GigE away from the SFP+ and not for the BMC. Those USB-B connectors look interesting, but without knowing what they do and without some way to power cycle the system I can't commit to good money on a gamble.

I am in the UK and would take one if there was a known BMC.