What happened to the forums?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
Was there an update or something, and why wasn't it announced at all? When I open the forums I see a list of threads instead of categories, it's all a confusing mess.
What the...

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
You should see categories now.

Took feedback seriously and just rebuilt the forums today on the latest versions of everything. It likely was a bad ad getting served but that is very hard to troubleshoot. Instead decided to control what I could.

Not a planned activity, but best option available.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@Patrick: I am ok with the changes, but miss the unread messages counter at the top of the screen :cool:
That was an addon that does not work with this version. I will look into it as I agree that was a nice feature.

Also, for those that know me, the "What's new" contraction is killing me.

Reactions: RTM

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
It appears certain things are not updated yet or working?

Clicking a profile to view recent posts, comments shows nothing or 1 vs the # that should be there.

I'm also noticing other missing items that kept me more active\browsing around are gone :( or take more time.
User info on the left is severely lacking too.

Not complaining, just letting it known.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
I've also found search to be pretty bad. I know for a fact there are posts that have certain terms but they don't show up.
I have to go and search my email to find them and open them :(

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We have the enhanced search off as part of the minimal config. Should be back this weekend.

Today/ tomorrow are about getting the forums readable. We have someone working to match the new theme to the main site. I am actually typing this testing the mobile look.

Thanks for the heads-up guys.

Reactions: T_Minus

Mithril

Sep 13, 2019
The dark theme is WAY better, hopefully the... colorfulness can be toned down too? (fingers crossed)

Reactions: Rock
Status
Not open for further replies.