Brocade turboiron 24x - boot errors / vlan errors

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jezzy

Apr 18, 2020

Looking for some expertise here. Acquired this turboiron 24x on Ebay for a grand total of $80 delivered (canadian). Missing the OS. Installed the latest firmware (boot + primary) via TFTP. When booting though, I get a screen full of the errors during the boot cycle, and once booted.. if I connect a RJ45 to a port, I ge a constant VLAN error "unit = 0, VLAN_TAB.X, entry 1 parity error "

Here's the pastebin to show the entire boot sequence : Brocade Turboiron 24x errors - Pastebin.com

Any ideas ? Eeprom failure?

Last edited:

Wharris623

Dec 11, 2018
Avondale, Arizona
I was helping him after he reached out on another forum and the unit boots and we can do configs but it doesn't seem to want to pass traffic. I was hoping fohdeesha, might have seen this or have any more insight into these errors. . .

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
I was helping him after he reached out on another forum and the unit boots and we can do configs but it doesn't seem to want to pass traffic. I was hoping fohdeesha, might have seen this or have any more insight into these errors. . .
ASIC is dead return asap

Reactions: jezzy

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
nope. id be counting my lucky stars I only paid $80 instead of the $300+ these things were going for just a year or two ago. if the ebay listing described it as working, you can get your money back pretty hassle free

jezzy

Apr 18, 2020
nope. id be counting my lucky stars I only paid $80 instead of the $300+ these things were going for just a year or two ago. if the ebay listing described it as working, you can get your money back pretty hassle free
Yup. was sold as working so I'm dealing with the seller now on Ebay. Was worth a shot at $80! Oh well, thank you guys for helping.

mTek

Nov 18, 2018
I got 2 of these for sale in FS area. Well, Quanta LB6m's with the turbo iron software if your interested.