Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Yes! the PCIE breakdown diagram in the motherboard manual is super important to match which slots get split and you need to be careful because it is possible that the onboard SAS is configured against lanes that can be bifurcated on another slot and may present you with an option like x4x4x4x4 .

This is doubly true (ha ! Punny!) on an X9DRD-7ln4f using bifurcation as onboard devices are split between CPUS and devices at least on mine and the bios revision I am pretty sure I have an option to bifurcate the lanes going to the onboard 2308 selecting x4x4x4x4... Obviously you don't want to do that.
Actually, if you look closely at the silk-screening on the board, it actually does indicate which slot is on the NB and which slot is on the CPU....Butttt, then the numbering is not same as it is in the BIOS where you enable that feature, so I sort of had to draw a diagram for myself to figure it out.

This is my diagram here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZ1oAsPrNphEMHxM9

I don't know if you can make sense of it, but when you go to the settings in BIOS, it should immediately make sense.

-JCL

groove

Sep 21, 2011
Yeah, my other reason is that I want to play with RDMA and onboard NICs won't do that, whereas onboard 12Gig SAS should hold me for longer than that motherboard will.

-JCL
That’s my plan too. I have been running NFS over RDMA using Connectx-3 cards (in Infiniband though) for several months now with good results.
So this MB is going to into my ‘SAN’ upgrade.

RacerX

Nov 30, 2018
JCL

Thanks for posting the deal, I placed my best offer in line with yours and it was accepted!

Looking forward to testing the board, have to order some parts...

jcl333

May 28, 2011
That’s my plan too. I have been running NFS over RDMA using Connectx-3 cards (in Infiniband though) for several months now with good results.
So this MB is going to into my ‘SAN’ upgrade.
Yeah, if you see one of my other threads, I am looking at a card that can do both iWarp and RoCEv2 for under $100, if it is not crap. Otherwise I will try to stick to iWarp, if I can.

It is nice that it has 10x SATA ports in addition to the SAS3. The SATA ports are split between two different controllers.

-JCL

jcl333

May 28, 2011
JCL

Thanks for posting the deal, I placed my best offer in line with yours and it was accepted!

Looking forward to testing the board, have to order some parts...
You are welcome.

Yeah, when I am all done I plan to post details about my final build. I had to order the i/o shield, one of the best places is actually right off the Supermicro web store.

Also, I can post details I figured out on how to tweak IPMI to keep the fan noise manageable, although mainly this is if you are using a Supermicro chassis, I am using a 16-slot 3U one and had to order a slightly shorter CPU fan.

-JCL

jcl333

May 28, 2011
The I/O Shield that is pictured om the seller's pic won't work?
I have not got mine yet, but from the picture it looks like the heavy sheet-metal one they use on 1U servers, not the really thin one used on ATX/etc. style cases/chassis.

-JCL

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Does this motherboard have an HTML5 interface for IPMI or is it stuck to the old java thing?

I currently uses a X10SRA but I miss IPMI. I would have to give up a PCIe 3.0 x16 though... I currently use an Asus Hyper m.2 x16 but uses only 2 NVME on it.

foogitiff

Jul 26, 2018
Actually, if you look closely at the silk-screening on the board, it actually does indicate which slot is on the NB and which slot is on the CPU....Butttt, then the numbering is not same as it is in the BIOS where you enable that feature, so I sort of had to draw a diagram for myself to figure it out.

This is my diagram here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZ1oAsPrNphEMHxM9

I don't know if you can make sense of it, but when you go to the settings in BIOS, it should immediately make sense.

-JCL
So if you enable the "x4/x4/x4/x4" bifurcation, it splits CPU slot 6 AND slot 5? There is no way to only have the splot 6 OR the slot 5 splitted?

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Does this motherboard have an HTML5 interface for IPMI or is it stuck to the old java thing?...
It may need to be updated to current SM IPMI release, but this board does use the SM Redfish X10 IPMI - so the HTML5 based console is available. The JAVA console is also included if you need it.

Reactions: foogitiff

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Here is a pic of the back plate I just received the board

Supermicro X10SRH-CF backplate
That's a backplate made to fit a SM 1U chassis. Its reasonably universal for their 1U chassis using standard ATX-series motherboards (non-UIO or other proprietary form factors).

The "normal" IO shields are pretty easy to source on eBay. Almost all of the ATX-series form factor X10 boards use the same layout.

Last edited:

RacerX

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for clearing that up , I have one of those standard brackets that I bought for X10XL7-F. It worked perfect for this board, lucky....

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Just picked up one, on counter-offer, for $135.98.
Wow, I got mine for $150, and I thought that was good.

They must have allot of these, and the effect of CV19 probably a factor.

-JCL

jcl333

May 28, 2011
Does this motherboard have an HTML5 interface for IPMI or is it stuck to the old java thing?

I currently uses a X10SRA but I miss IPMI. I would have to give up a PCIe 3.0 x16 though... I currently use an Asus Hyper m.2 x16 but uses only 2 NVME on it.
YES! It does! I was surprised. When I first got it, it did not and I was disappointing.
But I updated to the latest IPMI and boom! HTML5......

I also have the procedure to adjust the fan thresholds.

-JCL

jcl333

May 28, 2011
So if you enable the "x4/x4/x4/x4" bifurcation, it splits CPU slot 6 AND slot 5? There is no way to only have the splot 6 OR the slot 5 splitted?
I would have to check again to be sure, and maybe actually try it. But it is possible this is the case yes.

-JCL