New Brocade ICX7250-24P

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
Its a gigabit switch with 10gb uplinks that requires licenses to activate the ports? Why is this noteworthy?

Edit: Oh. Its new. Haven't noticed this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Its a gigabit switch with 10gb uplinks that requires licenses to activate the ports? Why is this noteworthy?

Edit: Oh. Its new. Haven't noticed this.
Because if you've followed our massive ICX thread in the networking subforum, I have licenses for every brocade ever made, on top of that you don't even need them for this model, as the icx7xxx series became honor based (you can literally license it with the command "install license")

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
I asked in the ICX thread about the pwoer draw of these half populated + 2 POE+ active ports.

I might sell a 6450-48p I'm not using, unless we move haha.

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
Because if you've followed our massive ICX thread in the networking subforum, I have licenses for every brocade ever made, on top of that you don't even need them for this model, as the icx7xxx series became honor based (you can literally license it with the command "install license")
I am getting ready to digest that thread. 1900+ posts to read. Should be a good weekend project.