PDB-PT747-4648 into 846E16-R1200B Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sic_Alpha

Aug 2, 2016
Wanting to put this:
Supermicro PDB-PT747-4648 27-Pairs Power Distributor For Redundant Power Supply

Into this:
SC846E16-R1200B | 4U | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

The product page for that chassis states it comes with this PDB: PDB-PT846-8824

Does anyone know if the PDB-PT747-4648 will fit? I used this list to make sure I still have enough cables to power the backpane expander. https://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/files/power_supply/PSU_cableList.pdf

I want to add a GPU to my server for VDI passthrough; the current PDB doesn't have any pcie power cords.

Thank you

Sic_Alpha

Aug 2, 2016
I created a spreadsheet of that PDF for comparing cables. Here's what I have for comparing current PDB with the one I want to install.

I have all PDBs listed in that PDF inside the spreadsheet if anyone is interested in it. It was super useful for comparing them with each cable setup using Excel Filters.

Last edited:

jdlovins

Apr 14, 2017
I created a spreadsheet of that PDF for comparing cables. Here's what I have for comparing current PDB with the one I want to install.

I have all PDBs listed in that PDF inside the spreadsheet if anyone is interested in it. It was super useful for comparing them with each cable setup using Excel Filters.
Did you decide to bite the bullet and give it a try? I'm wanting to do this exact same thing basically.

Sic_Alpha

Aug 2, 2016
I have not yet. I probably will eventually; but I need to wait a few paychecks... If/when I go through with it, I'll post on how it went.
Would like to know if it will not work without having to gamble spending the money though!

cmc0619

Mar 14, 2020
I have not yet. I probably will eventually; but I need to wait a few paychecks... If/when I go through with it, I'll post on how it went.
Would like to know if it will not work without having to gamble spending the money though!
I ended up just buying part CBL-0424L. It plugs into the other 8 pin and converts it to a PCI-E cord.

Titus

Mar 15, 2020
I am waiting on SM Customer Support to contact me about if it would if in the chassis. I really hate using splitters to get power to my rtx 4000

Edit 1:
FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Discussion:
PDB-PT747-4648 can fit in a CSE-846(AorB)-R900/1200B Chassis. You will just have to use the mounting bracket from the chassis and not the one that it comes with. It will still work with Sr/Dr motherboards since it comes with a 8pin + 4+4pin cpu plugs.

So this works out perfect for me since I will be able to run 2x RTX 4000 and a P2000 in the same chassis for remote workstation and plex rig.

Last edited: