$199(US) - Chenbro NR40700 4U 48-Bay Storage Chassis w/Rails & PSupplies

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

audifan88

Dec 22, 2019
I was recently look at these deals and I am quite curious, what are your plans for the PSU's considering they are quite hard to come by what are you going to do if/when one fails?

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
The chassis comes with 3 PSU and I believe it will beep if not all 3 are plugged in. You could run with 2 or even 1 and just keep the other ones as spare.

Shane

Aug 4, 2018
I was recently look at these deals and I am quite curious, what are your plans for the PSU's considering they are quite hard to come by what are you going to do if/when one fails?
It comes with 3, 2+1 spare. It will beep at initial boot if any of the 3 are missing but it will run fine. Just press the alarm button and it silences it. Since my server is always running I would have to push the button once or twice every 6 months so not really that concerned. If all 3 fail ill just buy another case if I cant source the psus.

D

Deleted member 25097

Hey everyone, I just purchased the Chenbro NR40700 this week. Of course no drive trays. But I wanted to share with you guys a quick but temporary fix.

I used 3m 60 mega pack at 2inX2in foam tape. I cut them to 2MM, so I was able to get two pieces from one square. I then stuck them together for 2 pieces on each side (four 2mm pieces with two stuck together turning them into two pieces, see linked photo) It slide into the hard drive slot perfectly.

nice and snug!

IMG_20191224_173532.jpg
IMG_20191224_173622.jpg
IMG_20191224_174018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Samir and AridViper

AridViper

Dec 3, 2019
For anyone looking for drive caddies, they are available on ebay for $75 for 10 caddies. I just got 5 sets with making an offer of $60 for each set. worth a shot if someone needs them.

Reactions: nicklebon and Samir

nicklebon

Jun 14, 2017
Okay, you can't just drop that without the full story. :D
No story really. My in laws live in Poland. Some years back my FIL needed a small tractor as his was on its last legs so we bought him one here had it delivered to Polamer and they shipped to him there. Didn't even cost that much if I recall. Cake. We use them for shipping almost anything bigger than a shoe box. Generally it cost more to UPS it to Chicago than from Chicago to Poland. Please note they are not fast.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
No story really. My in laws live in Poland. Some years back my FIL needed a small tractor as his was on its last legs so we bought him one here had it delivered to Polamer and they shipped to him there. Didn't even cost that much if I recall. Cake. We use them for shipping almost anything bigger than a shoe box. Generally it cost more to UPS it to Chicago than from Chicago to Poland. Please note they are not fast.
That's pretty cool! Great to know for anyone selling stuff and has someone interested from Poland. :)