Supermicro PWS-406P-1R for $48 + ship at Connection

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've bought at least 50 SM PSU's from eBay and haven't had the first failure. Your mileage may vary of course.

PS: I'm so cheap I squeak when I walk.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Depends on what you are looking for. That's used with no returns.
Genuine question here....Even if an item is specified as "No Returns", buyers are still covered by the Ebay protection policy if the item isn't "as described". "Used" in this case means "fully functional." So if the PSU doesn't work, Ebay should provide a refund and the buyer doesn't have to even return the item. Do I have that right? Does anyone know of restrictions on that?

I've always thought that "No Returns" was actually a good thing. If Seller offers returns, often buyers have to pay shipping. So, you wind up paying to return a defective item, right? With "No Returns" and Ebay buyer protection, you can get a refund and not have to send the defective item back. Although, I suppose Ebay watches activity to make sure buyers don't abuse it.

A while back I bought an older model SAS drive that was "open box, new old stock" with "No Returns". When I installed it, it had 37,000 power on hours, so I opened a case & got a refund without having to pay for a return.

Reactions: T_Minus

Marsh

May 12, 2013
"No Returns" does not mean No return due to DOA or Defective.

Markess is right on point.

3 days ago, brought 3 x Intel S1200v3RPL board with E3-1225v3 and 8 GB ram , $60 each.
One out 3 board is DOA.
Even the Listing said " no return "
I email the seller, he / she sent out a new board with CPU and Ram , expect replacement on Monday.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've bought at least 50 SM PSU's from eBay and haven't had the first failure. Your mileage may vary of course.

PS: I'm so cheap I squeak when I walk.
I'm cheap too, but I won't be too cheap with my enterprise gear as it's really expensive if something goes wrong. ymmv.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Genuine question here....Even if an item is specified as "No Returns", buyers are still covered by the Ebay protection policy if the item isn't "as described". "Used" in this case means "fully functional." So if the PSU doesn't work, Ebay should provide a refund and the buyer doesn't have to even return the item. Do I have that right? Does anyone know of restrictions on that?

I've always thought that "No Returns" was actually a good thing. If Seller offers returns, often buyers have to pay shipping. So, you wind up paying to return a defective item, right? With "No Returns" and Ebay buyer protection, you can get a refund and not have to send the defective item back. Although, I suppose Ebay watches activity to make sure buyers don't abuse it.

A while back I bought an older model SAS drive that was "open box, new old stock" with "No Returns". When I installed it, it had 37,000 power on hours, so I opened a case & got a refund without having to pay for a return.
Even when I've seen something with no returns, generally ebay will pick up the tab for the shipping if it needs to be returned.

I actually had one case of where something was definitely not going to be the right part and I contacted the seller before the item shipped. They said, don't worry about it we'll refund it and you can just keep it. Sure enough, it came, wasn't the wrong part and the seller refunded it within minutes of me letting them know. Sometimes the sellers don't even care. :D

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I'm cheap too, but I won't be too cheap with my enterprise gear as it's really expensive if something goes wrong. ymmv.
I bought all mine off eBay so I can't really call it expensive. All of it was pennies on the dollar.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I bought all mine off eBay so I can't really call it expensive. All of it was pennies on the dollar.
Yeah, ebay is definitely the price king at times, but it can also be fake and shady land as well.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for almost new for certain applications knowing I've got the same support as a new product but just paid a lot less.

Reactions: Fritz