Intel NUC - Pentium N3700, 4GB, 32GB eMMC - $90

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thingy2098

Mar 16, 2018
Those are nice, but be careful of using them 24/7. Like the Atom C2000 series and the little Celeron J1900 NUCs people like using for PFSense, these are affected by the LPC bug and are expected to have a short lifespan, which is why a lot of companies are dumping them.

The N3700 is Braswell with the Airmont CPU cores:

Silvermont - Wikipedia

My J1900 PFSense NUC lasted about 2 years of 24/7 use before it just failed to POST, no beeps, nothing - and that's with nothing plugged into the USB port, and no usage of the SD slot.

thingy2098

Mar 16, 2018
They're great for really basic web browsing or media consumption, and they at least do x.264 decoding and encoding in hardware.
I've seen people use them as standalone DVRs for a single camera, or for digital signage applications where their low power draw is the main concern.

Reactions: Samir and T_Minus

semidetached

Sep 18, 2018
Those are nice, but be careful of using them 24/7. Like the Atom C2000 series and the little Celeron J1900 NUCs people like using for PFSense, these are affected by the LPC bug and are expected to have a short lifespan, which is why a lot of companies are dumping them.

The N3700 is Braswell with the Airmont CPU cores:

Silvermont - Wikipedia

My J1900 PFSense NUC lasted about 2 years of 24/7 use before it just failed to POST, no beeps, nothing - and that's with nothing plugged into the USB port, and no usage of the SD slot.
Good to know, thanks. I updated the bios to the latest I could find... I need to check the release notes to see if the LPC "fix" was included.

Reactions: Samir

dandanio

Oct 10, 2017
Just a little over double that I got an i7 7th gen as BO on eBay/no ram/no ssd. Works like a charm. Just FYI

Reactions: Samir