[Newegg] ASRock Rack D1541D4U-2O8R mATX 8-core Xeon D-1541 mobo with SFP+ $179!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
Damn. Got caught up with a customer issue - first moment back to my desk I see this and it is gone already. Merry Christmas?

Reactions: Samir

DaSaint

Oct 3, 2015
Colorado
I have the version with the 10GBe instead of the SFPs (wish i had the SFP Version!!!)

FYI i have a P3700 and P3520 (2.5 models) running on those NVME slots with a converter. No issues there, i think the only downside is the PCIe Speed is limited to 1x based on the diagrams.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I have the version with the 10GBe instead of the SFPs (wish i had the SFP Version!!!)

FYI i have a P3700 and P3520 (2.5 models) running on those NVME slots with a converter. No issues there, i think the only downside is the PCIe Speed is limited to 1x based on the diagrams.
Ahhh. That is pretty crippling then for an NVMe drive.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Damn. Got caught up with a customer issue - first moment back to my desk I see this and it is gone already. Merry Christmas?
My experience with Newegg sales where the sale lasts for more than a day or two, is they often get more stock before the sale period is over. So, if anyone wants one of these, it may be beneficial to check back on Newegg occasionally.

james23

Nov 18, 2014
thanks markess- will keep checking, (as its currently sold out)

would really like to get one or 2x of these at this great price!!

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Had to have been a price error, either way had there been available stock I would have jumped on that.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
ad to have been a price error, either way had there been available stock I would have jumped on that.
About a year ago, I found a Supermicro server board listed for $29 and an Asrock Rack workstation board for $39 while surfing gear on Newegg. I didn't have a need for either at the time, but I was certain I could come up with one at those prices! So I "bought" both. The next morning they'd cancelled the Supermicro and the price was up to the $400+ it should have been going for. The Asrock, on the other hand, did ship!

Dark

Mar 9, 2019
not bad :) what are you plans for this box? (ie what OS / hv and use case?)
thanks
Currently using it to serve up a datastore for my vmware cluster, allowing me to do some maintenance on the storage appliance normally handling the datastores.

After this, I'm considering a dedicated media host if there's a noticeable improvement in overall performance with the storage being localized to the host. Current media server host pulls all media data over a 10gb link. I don't anticipate seeing much of an improvement.

The issue I'm facing otherwise is finding a proper software solution that will maintain the disk health (~trim) when setting up a large array of disk.

Sep 4, 2017
Has anyone managed to update the BIOS on this board? Mine came with 1.10 and it's resisted all attempts to update.

With Instant Flash, it prompts me to select the BIOS on my USB stick and then the screen goes blank and nothing ever happens (with 1.20 or 1.30).

With the Windows flash utility, 1.30 says it's not for this board (it must require 1.20 as a pre-requisite) and 1.20 says the update requires a reboot. I agree to the reboot, it reboots directly into the BIOS UI and nothing happens. I exit the BIOS and it boots into Windows with the old 1.10 BIOS version still intact.

ajs

Mar 27, 2018
Minnesota
Really bummed I missed out on this deal, if anyone is having buyers remorse I'll certainly take it off your hands :)

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
Really bummed I missed out on this deal, if anyone is having buyers remorse I'll certainly take it off your hands :)
You would be really lucky for someone to sell you one of these for $179.

But with an amazing forum like this, where people give away stuff for free + shipping cost, it's certainly not out of the question. :)