QL2K CPUs and Supermicro X11DPH

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tenshou

Nov 2, 2019
I bought a few of these CPUs under the assumption that they would work with X11DPH motherboards.

Have you guys had any luck getting these to post? I’ve tried bios 2.0 and 2.1 without any luck.
I’ve tried with many different RAM brands and different sizes. 1 stick of RAM on CPU1 DimmA1 and the results were the same.

It will not post with 1 CPU occupied or both.
If you can help me get these to post, I’ll PayPal $200 your way.

Thanks

Last edited:

LukeP

Feb 12, 2017
do you have another cpu you can test to rule out the other components?

Tenshou

Nov 2, 2019
Yes. I tried it on 6 motherboards and the results were the same. QL1K and other ES CPUs work. Regular retail CPUs work as well. The only CPUs that do not work are these QL2K.

Last edited:

Tenshou

Nov 2, 2019
The Q2LK CPUs work on Asrock boards and X11DPU. It just wont work with the X11DPH, however, it should. Bios 2.0 and 2.1 support ES and QS CPUs

Last edited:

LukeP

Feb 12, 2017
DPH is said to be a good one that supports all the ES QS.

When you say you tried that chip on 6 motherboards and the results were the same, did you mean the cpu failed? maybe its just the cpus?

Reactions: Patriot

Tenshou

Nov 2, 2019
When I tried the QL2K CPUs (4 different CPUs) on 6 different X11DPH, all of them failed to boot. This was with single or dual CPUs. 1 stick of RAM in DIMMA1 to test, although I did try them in all slots.

I have tried using all different brands of RAM and different frequencies. All RAM sticks are 32GB and above.

Retail CPUs and others worked just fine

Last edited:

Tenshou

Nov 2, 2019
DPH is said to be a good one that supports all the ES QS.

When you say you tried that chip on 6 motherboards and the results were the same, did you mean the cpu failed? maybe its just the cpus?
These QL2K work on Asrock Rack and X11DPU mobos.

I posted this to see if anyone manage to get these CPUs working on X11DPH by modifying the microcode in Bios 2.0 or 2.1.

Reactions: LukeP