Help on Skype for Business Server 2019

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

capt. power

Sep 28, 2019
hey everybody
great fan of the website and the forums
anybody can shed some detailed resources on how to setup skype for business server will be very much appreciated

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I can tell you what does work, that’s what’s Microsoft says you should do... this means a lot of physical servers, for each system that means means 2 x 8-10 core CPU, just go 128gb ram and use pair of SSD’s.

I wound have guessed you don’t really need to follow what Microsoft says exactly but if you want support... and I guess most people won’t business critical services with support.

NB, virtual is not supported.

Here is the Microsoft doc...
System requirements for Skype for Business Server 2019

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
I can tell you what does work, that’s what’s Microsoft says you should do... this means a lot of physical servers, for each system that means means 2 x 8-10 core CPU, just go 128gb ram and use pair of SSD’s.

I wound have guessed you don’t really need to follow what Microsoft says exactly but if you want support... and I guess most people won’t business critical services with support.

NB, virtual is not supported.

Here is the Microsoft doc...
System requirements for Skype for Business Server 2019
I agree with the above you have to have extremely overpowered Hosts/VMs to be supported but with exception to the virtual not supported, they just don’t advertise it: Clarifying Support for Skype for Business Server 2019 Virtualization

Heres a best practice for vmware for the 2015 version as well:
https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/...ss-on-vmware-vsphere-best-practices-guide.pdf