HPE Superdome 2 and Superdome X chassis compatibility?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dimka890

Feb 20, 2019
I know, its a vary strange question, but..)
It is possible to use Superdome 2 chassis (maybe with crossbar modules upgrade) with BL920s G8 or G9 blades?
It seems like they physically compatible at first look.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Physically, it looks like it should fit the Superdome 2 (only one I have experience with), but I doubt it would be supported. The CB900s blades were meant to all work together after all, not independently. I don't think the OAs, midplane, or IOX enclosures are going to support it since everything is provisioned on an nPar level. Pretty certain only the Itanium blades supported the GPSMs too.

I know the lower end Integrity offerings (BL860c) would work in C7000 chassis, so there's some interoperability, but they had separate fabric that would go through the front of the blades instead of the midplane to link everything together.

dimka890

Feb 20, 2019
Physically, it looks like it should fit the Superdome 2 (only one I have experience with), but I doubt it would be supported. The CB900s blades were meant to all work together after all, not independently. I don't think the OAs, midplane, or IOX enclosures are going to support it since everything is provisioned on an nPar level. Pretty certain only the Itanium blades supported the GPSMs too.

I know the lower end Integrity offerings (BL860c) would work in C7000 chassis, so there's some interoperability, but they had separate fabric that would go through the front of the blades instead of the midplane to link everything together.
I watched russian webinar (HPE russia channel), speaker says that superdome 2 and superdome X chassis is same, but in superdome X they reworked XFM modules.
So i think it will be work